would you take your ex boyfriend/girlfriend back?

there is a reason why she or he is an ex. would you be able to be friends with him? date him again? etc...

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it pretty much depends on why you broke up with someone. If it was because they cheated on you, or they abused you, or they just neglected you... then of course not. Not even friends.

If it was because you had to move to a different place and long distance was not an option, or because you were at a point in life in which you couldn't commit because of other decisions and responsibilities.. then who knows. Yes "they are an ex for a reason", but that reason might not have broken your heart so sourly, that reason doesn't need to be something you'll be bitter at them forever. So in that case being friends might result well. And sometimes when times are good, you might even want to date them again because it was not someone's fault, it was just life that got in the way and now you're better, more mature people ready to take on it.

I wouldn't take back my first two relationships. One was a crazy man, a relaly bad break up and I could tell from the beginning of the relationship things weren't going to work out. The second guy was just very incompatible with me, that's all. He was not a bad guy, but we just didn't understand each other, and we didn't enjoy each other, so we left it at that. We were friends after that, but different as we were, we gradually stopped talking. My third is a guy I broke up with two times and got back together with those 2 times and it was life, it wasn't hate. So we tried and we work out so far. You never know. You have to be honest as to why you are breaking up, not every ex should be demonized.