would you take your ex boyfriend/girlfriend back?

there is a reason why she or he is an ex. would you be able to be friends with him? date him again? etc...

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it pretty much depends on why you broke up with someone. If it was because they cheated on you, or they abused you, or they just neglected you... then of course not. Not even friends.

If it was because you had to move to a different place and long distance was not an option, or because you were at a point in life in which you couldn't commit because of other decisions and responsibilities.. then who knows. Yes "they are an ex for a reason", but that reason might not have broken your heart so sourly, that reason doesn't need to be something you'll be bitter at them forever. So in that case being friends might result well. And sometimes when times are good, you might even want to date them again because it was not someone's fault, it was just life that got in the way and now you're better, more mature people ready to take on it.

I wouldn't take back my first two relationships. One was a crazy man, a relaly bad break up and I could tell from the beginning of the relationship things weren't going to work out. The second guy was just very incompatible with me, that's all. He was not a bad guy, but we just didn't understand each other, and we didn't enjoy each other, so we left it at that. We were friends after that, but different as we were, we gradually stopped talking. My third is a guy I broke up with two times and got back together with those 2 times and it was life, it wasn't hate. So we tried and we work out so far. You never know. You have to be honest as to why you are breaking up, not every ex should be demonized.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• One of my exs I think I'm still attached to and I got along so well with him, our breaking up was more circumstantial than not working out. I'd probably give it another try if I could (and he gets back to my country). But if not him then nope, the rest were my exs for a reason

0|1
    0|0
  • I did take back an ex once, and it didn't work out again. I ended up breaking up with him again, he was still immature, and him himself thought he changed but he didn't
    at all! We are friends and thats it, I have someone new that i'm talking and my ex has accepted it. If he couldn't accept it we couldn't be friends.

ex's are a waste of time. They never change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! I think your ex is an ex for a reason. I can be friendly with them, but not want to be romantically involved

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not. He's an ex for a reason lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think I have ever been friends with an ex.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• No no and no. Never. I won't make that mistake twice.

0|1
    0|0
  • ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT!!!

My ex-wife left after 10+ years when I first got injured she said it was for "greener pastures" after almost a year she had blow through all the money and the first guy when she asked to come back I said NO! over the next few years in between husbands she would ask to come back again I'd say NO! even bagged once said she didn't realize what she had until it was gone and couldn't find anyone who would treat her as well as I did, I still said NO! She left trying to find more money and a better guy so why in the hell would I ever want to take her back? and every time I would tel no i don't want you back she would get crazy mad (my fault of course) so no we didn't stay friends either.

If a relationship doesn't work out the first time and it gets to the point that you break up then its done it is never a good idea to think it will be different a 2nd time around. Just move on and find someone you will be happy with.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did once but never again

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes