How to make yourself more appealing on Dating Apps: A guide for guys

I have been on quite a few dating apps in my days, but I haven't gotten so much attention as I have on the one I'm currently using, Badoo. I just started using it, but I have been through many profiles and gotten quite many likes. Something I have noticed about quite many guys are their profile (obviously) and to be honest i think I would "like" way more guys if they had a more appealing profiles.

So I have decided to write this myTake to guide some of you dating app users on how to make yourself more appealing to some women (or me).

So dont be:

1. The guy with no clothes

If a guy has more then one shirtless picture on his profile its automaticly an turnoff because he comes off as a guy that

a) is only after sex or
b) is full of himself.

Shirtless pictures are okay as long as its not the you taking the pic and if someone else took it of you, aka not a mirror selfie.

A little guidline for the guys that use dating apps and might not have so much luck

2. The guy with one pic

If a guy only has one pic of himself its a bad sign even of the guys looks cute. When someone only has one picture, and they are cute, I assume it's a good pic or angle and that they dont really look like that.

3. The guy with no face

The guy with no face is the guy that never shows his face in a way that makes it possible to really know what he looks like. He might have many pictures, but its eiter pictures where you only see halvfo his face or pictures where he is far away. It signals to me that he either has something to hide or that he is unattractive (and he knows it).

4. The anrgy guy or the indifferent guy

These guys only or mostly have picturs of themself where they either look anrgy or annoyed and/or indifferent. If a guy looks angry or looks like he doesn't care i automaticcly lose interest. who wants to chat with an angry guy?

5. The "one look guy"

This is the guy that has the same facial expression on pretty much every picture. Personally I like guys that show different settings and sides and/or facial expressions. It's just odd to look happy, excited etc in every picture.

6. The ladies man

When a guy has a pic of a girl in one or more pictures I automaticly lose interest. Why would you have a pic of another girl, even if its your sister? You want me to date you, not you friend or sister.

7. The smoker and the drinker

Guys who have pictures of themself smoking is a total turn off. Personally I hate smoking and it disgusts me. If a guy has pictures of him self at a bar/club or while he's drinking thats also kinda a turn off. Not because of the drinking itself, but on a profile you should use pictures that show people what you are and what you do, and not that you get wasted in the weekends. I'm not against drinking, I like to go out drinking, but I dont show that on my profile.

8. The dad

I'm young and I have no plans in having childeren in the future; so if a guy has a child in his pictures I always assume they are his kids. I dont want that responsibilty, so that would be a turn off for me.

9. The show off

This is the guy that lifts and bulks and want you to know it. He has at least two pictures of himself in the gym flexing. He REALLY want you to see his abs or bieceps. To me it signals that you eiter are trying to over compensate for something (in my experience the face) or that you are only there you show people how good you look, which makes me thing you aren't serious about anythig except your muscles.

So there you go! If a guy wants a higher chance of getting women attention when it comes to dating apps, or at least my attention.

So to sum up your profile should have more then 1 picture(preferably 3-4) and they should tell about whar you are about. If you play fotball, have a pic of that, if you like to go hiking, have a pic of that etc. And always have a full front pic of your face and some pic thats shows your body too. Also remember, smile ! :)

733

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 32

• Haha. Great eye opener. I am not in the dating world. Never was. Yet, interesting to know.

• Not a helpful tip at all

Only suggestion should be to get plastic surgery to obtain male model like facial features. Since females believe 80% of men to be 'below average'

• The show-off being a turn-off? Hah girl I'd almost go gay for the guy in your example myself.

• Funny you used that guys face for number five.

• Well I guess my angry pictures are a no no.

• This just helps my own opinion, avoid dating shit sites. haha

• number 5 ahahahaha

• Would a pic with some frame of reference showing how tall I am help? I'm 6'4".

• I thought that a guy couldn't possibly know that they're unattractive, plenty of women on gag have proclaimed that there's no way a guy can know that. Your take is rock hard evidence that looks matter the most despite plenty of women saying that personality and confidence matters. And why would a player ladies man change his pic when he continues to be way more successful than a average/below average looking guy with the type of pictures you claim can make them more appealing?

• Oooooh. Burn. Looks like women are just as shallow as men. :D Although, I do ultimately disagree. Looks are a factor which women look for, but, as opposed to men, it's not *as important* a factor. They calculate the total net worth (both in characteristics and actual wealth) to determine if they desire a male. Strength, social status, personality, intelligence, attractiveness, wealth, social circles, power, influence, humor etc . etc . Evolutionarily speaking, men want to fuck everything, and women want to find the most powerful or effective man they can find out of the 20,000 year old instinct for protection and provision.

Though, looks are definitely a factor. It probably differs from female to female more so than it does for males.

Funnily enough, an okcupid study found that women rated 80% of men unattractive. Women have high expectations because they have innate value being females and even more value for being able to provision themselves and having no real need for protection.

• This'll hell like 5% on a good day. Google some dating experiments using male model pics, and you'll see that guys will get attention no matter what, if they are good looking. That's what really makes a difference on dating sites/apps.

• Would you be willing to make a "How to make yourself more appealing on Dating Apps: A guide for girls". I could easily rattled off several issues I would like addressed.

• The show off fake bodybuilders.

I like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iie--Ub3rUY

What Girls Said 6