Why I'm Giving Up On Dating and Finding a Wife: Love is Dead

Today's women are just too complicated for men to date.

If you are poor, then you are not good enough to date them. If you are wealthy, then all they want is your money. So you lose either way. I am poor and girls just usually treat me like dirt. But when I get paid from my work, they can only think of my money. So it's like when you are poor they think you are cute but just not boyfriend material. But when you're wealthy you are boyfriend material, but you need to pay $$$ for being a boyfriend.

I basically just gave up on women. Plus, with Facebook and Twitter and countless online dating sites out there, women are becoming more and more unstable now. They are more and more undependable now. They never tell the truth and who knows what they are thinking.

All I know is men and women don't need each other anymore in this modern age. Back in the 1920s, women needed to hand-wash cloths and take care of lots of kids and buy fresh meat and vegetables from the market every day because there's no refrigerator. Needed to burn coal or wood for fire in order to cook. Needed to burn coal or wood for bathtub. House chores alone were a handful. Men worked from sunup until sundown. If a man had no wife, then he couldn't eat hot dinner----except himself, and nobody washed his dirty cloths----except himself. So back in those days nobody dares to divorce because if you divorce then you cannot live anymore. Only royalties back in those days can afford a divorce. Nowadays, women no longer cook. They put frozen TV dinner in microwave. They let laundry machines wash their cloths. Therefore they can dump one man after another and even if they found a man they still keep shopping for another man on Facebook daily.

The bottom line is this: There is no more love nowadays. Women don't love anymore. They simply shop around on Facebook for a good deal. And they shop daily even when their status on Facebook is "married". Love is a thing of the past. Back in the days, a wife would stick to her dying husband until said husband dies. Now with Facebook and Twitter, forget about sticking to the husband. New husband everyday actually. Every man on Facebook is her husband. No more love for you.

You can be open with your feelings and all that as well. I think it is one of the natural self defenses mechanisms to make it very hard to be a friend to a girl you love. I couldn't do it and I tried, I just get angry at the situation and quit trying. I don't know about others but when I seek out a girl, it's because I find her attractive and want her sexually and emotionally. I have couple of girl friends and they're just friends and the girls I love, I keep at a distance if they don't love me back because I can't be friends with them. There are too many feelings involved and one heck of a roller coaster ride. Out of sight and out of mind.

In my experience, a man's looks can significantly affect the way women perceive him. A witty remark can be charming or it can be annoying. Any question can be tenderly answered, or rebuked harshly. A woman's heart is a very shallow thing. As a game, dating is rigged, and lying is one way to rig it in your favor. Maybe spreading your seed and moving on is the best way for men with fewer options.

Part of the problem is American culture and our media here. The media plays a large role in how people lead their lives and their goals and dreams. In America our media places women on a very high pedestal and men far beneath them. Women are portrayed as intelligent sex goddesses and males as simple idiotic dummies who must battle endlessly to gain the attention of one of these supreme female beings. The media also constantly shows women with super good looking muscular men who are very sexy and mysterious. Often these males are shown as "bad boys" who live life on the edge and are super confident and also extremely romantic. So, is it any wonder why girls turn down average guys so often. Granted we all know TV is only TV, however we all are still influenced by it more than we know sometimes. I've seen it first hand. Most girls want an attractive, confident, romantic, assertive, bad ass guy. However nice guys generally are more shy and not at all bad asses. I myself am romantic but not good looking and such, but that is only 1 out of 5 major things. No wonder why I have problems.

Unfortunately, we cannot change the effect the media has had on the female population in the United States. Also let me note that males have been effected as well and there are plenty of females out there having issues. At least we know what it is that these women are looking for. That's a start at least. Now THIS BY NO MEANS means all women want this. However it is quite clear by the difficulty so many men are having that nice guys are having significant problems in this country.

If a man shows completely no interest in a pretty woman he might be considered * gay *, and that is not fair. As these dull games keep going on and on in our society where we * pretend * we don't care. We lie , we ignore someone we care about EVERYONE loses no matter how many books you guys read. Everyone loses.

I'm 31, have a job in downtown Detroit, no kids, dresses comfortable, and an introvert. I've had 0 dates, near as I can count in the past 15 years, And no sex, and no relationships either. About 75% of women I meet are solely interested in dating/dancing/dining bullshit. They are either commitment-phobic, or have put themselves on a pedestal. They're all waiting for the perfect guy to come along and will find a reason to reject anyone else.

Oh, I know, I know. "You're too bitter." Yeah, I wasn't always. After you do everything that you can, and you're still screwed, let's see how positive your outlook becomes. Then we have the "just wait". Just wait. Good things come to those that wait." Yeah, I'm 31, bub. How old are you?

Then we have the guy who said "get a prostitute". Thanks, I think most people can 'service' themselves. How do they get anyone to care for them? I've heard all the dating techniques, confidence-building routines, lower-your-standards, all the BS from people.

"Go to church". Sorry, not a religious Jesus freak. And when I was, people were there to worship, not hook up. Go to classes. Yup, did that. People were there to learn, not hook up. Try online dating. Yup, did that. Try singles activities groups. Yup, did that. Try speed dating. Did that. Just chat up women in supermarkets, coffee shops. Yup, did that. I did mention that i was respectful to women and still ended up with no dates, right? No? T`hen there you go.

Tried being a bad boy. Tried being just me. Tried being sexual. Tried being chaste. Nothing works. Each woman has a different reason for rejecting the guy (even for each guy). I finally figured out the problem ISN'T ME. It's the psychopaths out there that want to play and manipulated and get their egos stroked by 50 guys who all want them. Tired of the mind-games, the liars, etc.

I give up. Women don't want me, so be it. I can't do a god damn thing about it.

5268

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend works a part time job, and makes less money than me, still with him. In fact I make about double his pay, and it means nothing to either of us.

@redeyemindtricks I believe also makes more than her husband annually, and guess what?

We're all in love, we're all happy. Not all women are evil gold diggers bud, might be time to look in the mirror and find the real root of the problem.

• “Not all women are evil gold diggers bud” you over exaggerating his points to make it sound ridiculous.

• 7d

I think the like and dislike ratio says a lot. So many men are so insecure, and instead of just doing a bit of self reflection and, I don't know, fixing the problem, they feel this need to lash out and be angry.

Grr I'm a man and I'm angry because women don't date me. Look at my biceps!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 51

• I know a really good girl who will stay with you. But that's all there is to her, faithfulness, that's all. Where do you live?

• This is sad. I know many women who are not as you described. Hope it gets better for you.

• We don’t care. There’s plenty of other men that meet the criteria.

• just take yourself out of the equation all together. also seek help.

• What did this woman say wrongly lmao, all of these butthurt dudes and their downvotes.

Its the harsh reality, if people dont like you, then thered something wrong with you. Reflect and work on yourself. Also, people tend to be more attracted to you when you're not dating in urgent "need" of a partner.

Asking friends and family for help is also an option, asking them to tell you what you can do better to be more amicable and reliable, and thus more attractive.

• Yeah if you really feel that way then you are probably better off not dating...

• I feel similar to him, I can relate. But the big difference is that I don't blame the other gender, it's just that this isn't the kind of world I would want to be part of, especially if I had known beforehand. I have a negative outlook of this entire world and reality altogether, I feel there really is just nothing but pain, misery, suffering, and death, and that the "good" things that exists and goes along with it in this world are merely just coping mechanisms provided there as distractions to try and allow us to feel good and pass the time here before our time is up. I just Hate how NONE of us ever asked to come here and yet we're part of this reality and world, once we're here we're exposed to all possible forms of harms and suffering throughout our entire lifetime, and then ultimately we die no matter what we do or not do. It's really deep, but if I ever tried dating I think there's no point because even if I were to hide how I feel about this world, I can't hide it from

• @JudgmentDay I am sooo sorry that you are having such a rough go of things. I hope you find what you are looking for though... :/

• Have you ever considered trying to change your outlook? I had to do it when I was a teen. only works if you really want it though and are committed to making it work though.

• Love is not dead and you should not give up on Love at 31. Yes there are women out there as you described but there are also the faithful, the wife material, the submissive, the old fashion, the loyal, the who will stick with you through thick and thin until death do you guys part kind of women. It is a scary world out there yes, but you should not give up while you are still breathing and living. Fuck what everyone thinks of you, but it is not the end for you. Give love a chance. Don't look for it. It will find you. It may not be today, or tomorrow, or next year, but one day it will. The least you expect it, the more chances it will bump into you one day. But definitely LOVE IS NOT DEAD.

• If you're poor dating should be the last thing on your mind.

• 7d

In lone relationship money should not matter, you choose as he/she is.

• It is a sad reality plaguing society today, people find it easier to just walk away than fix their problems. I can't do this so I am going to run away and make the same mistakes in the next relationship! What is even worse... This behaviour is socially excepted.

Its funny that you wrote this about women because I have always thought that men are like this. Just replace the word money with sex.

We live in crazy time and I know it may seem so hard to stay positive when there is so much negative around you, but please don't give up. Love for you might be closer than you think.

“Don't give up before the miracle happens.”
    ― Fannie Flagg, I Still Dream About You

• Wanting the body of the opposite gender, the gender you are supposed to be attracted to isn't bad, it's still attraction to the person! Money is trade for almost everything, wanting that in a relationship makes you a product, a prostitute, and is not attraction to the person by any measure.

• Nope, women are to blame here, not the women. you are not blameless

• Lol good luck in life. Nobody likes a pity party.

• Opinion owner. Your really mean too.. don't you have anything constructive to add for a guy in bliss ?

• @Puppylove94 Not everyone responds to tough love, but I agree. Feeling sorry for yourself and giving up is not healthy.

• @DiogoRibeiro is right.
      @Puppylove94 "He needs to move on and realize the right person will come along at the right time. Everyone gets rejected. It isn't just guys."For clarity, I never said it was just guys. I still don't think you are putting yourself in his shoes though, it's extremely hard to not feel sorry for yourself when (in his shoes remember) it feels like time after time, you aren't good enough for any of the people you are trying to date. It takes a special level of confidence (or a high enough ego) to just brush it off and move on to the next person. Back to the original point, I agree he shouldn't feel sorry for himself BUT, it is easy to understand why he feels sorry for himself. Maybe this time away from trying to date will let him better value himself rather than trying to place so much value on the person he's trying to date.

• I'm with you love is dead :(

• This post is crap, you're going to get no where.

• At this point, I don't think that's his goal. He's just venting.. let the man open his soul..

• Opinion owner. That was Really mean of you to say that !!

• Guys do the same thing to girls... so... 🤷🏼‍♀️

• No they don't. Grow up

• @TimeSplittersxvc yes they do. You can downvote all you want and disagree. But the fact is that justblike not all girls dondonthat, just the same some guys DO do that... and that’s fact. I saw it happen.. so.. what you say here is pretty much irrelevant when I saw it happen. 🤷🏼‍♀️Perhaps you need to open your eyes instead of just playing victim. It happens to everyone! Males are not the exception or the target.

• @TimeSplittersxvc Yes they do. You can go ahead and say that hypergamy is strictly a woman thing, but cheating for a better sexual product is gender-neutral. Shitty guys cheat on their current girlfriends with the next hot model that walks their way. Shitty women cheat on their current boyfriends with the next hot model/wallet that walks their way.

Love is a dead two-way street, about to be paved over by sexual modernity. And there's nothing we can do to stop it.

• Good post...

• It goes both ways i do agree

• Um ok

• Wow. Who even are the people of GAG?

• Love isn't dead, you are

• Love isn't dead. You shouldn't give up!

• so interesting article!

• Sad 😕

What Guys Said 68