I Stole My Best Friend's Boyfriend and I'm Glad!

I STOLE My Best Friend's BOYFRIEND & I'm GLAD!

I am sharing my experience in hopes that this opens many ignorant eyes. I don't need a lecture on what is right and wrong, because my actions are my choice, and it is not anyone's place to just me. Everything happens for a reason.

My best friend of 3 years and also my roommate, Sandra was a funny, witty and stubborn girl. She exuded a sense of self entitled, and thought that everyone wanted her. In her eyes, she was perfect. Although she had an attitude to her, somehow she managed to attract some quality candidates when it came to dating.

She began dating this Polish guy, named Alex that she met while at work. Besides being a super cute guy, he was very sweet, shy, and had a big heart. I could tell from the way that he treated Sandra, to how generous and kind he was towards her- this guy was a keeper.

It didn't take long! 5 months into them dating, Sandra would b**ch at him in front of our group of friends, demand that he spend all his money and time on her, and consistently talk down to him like he was an imbecile. I remember telling Sandra to tone it down, but she would just laugh and tell me "he likes it".

Well turns out Alex didn't like it. When we talked during our group get togethers, he would confide in me and tell me just how cruel Sandra is. I suggested that he walk away, but he kept telling me that he cared about her and was hoping things would change. Sandra on the other hand, didn't take Alex seriously. It was a fun little game that she played with guys....

One evening I was at home, while Sandra went to see her cousin who lived at the other side of town. I received a knock at the door, and it was Alex. I told him that Sandra wasn't home, and he asked if he could come in and wait- so I said "sure".

We chatted about how things were going, and he reached into his pocket and took out a folded piece of paper. He let me read it, and it was the saddest yet sweetest note. It was essentially a plea for Sandra and Alex to start over, in hopes that maybe things will change. I finished reading and I felt my heart sink.

"Alex, she isn't going to change- you deserve so much better, you're great". I looked at him as I was talking. Alex smiled, and said "she tolerates me, who else would?". I smirked and said "anyone would be lucky to have you". "what about you?" he asked. "I would love to have someone like you" I replied.

It seemed like time was at a stand still, and I was feeling brave and in the moment when I blurted out "you should give people that treat you with respect a chance, I would never speak to you like she does". He was silent for a moment and then replied "would you ever give you and I a try?" I immediately replied, "of course". He was shocked and seemed content, and then said "ok".

I wasn't sure what "ok" meant, but 2 days later, Sandra announced that Alex broke up with her. She wasn't upset at losing Alex, but more agitated at the fact that she wasn't the one to break up with him. After all, who could resist her? I was surprised but glad that Alex had made a move.

I got a text that following evening from Alex, asking if I wanted to see him. I gave Sandra an excuse that my mom needed help with her laptop, as I snuck out. I drove to meet Alex for coffee. He gave me a big hug and was quick to get to the point. "I won't date anyone but you, and I don't want you to date anyone, ok?" I replied, "ok".

From there Alex and I met in secret for about a month, until we ran into Sandra's sister at the bar. No need to get into the details, but I moved out of Sandra and I's residence.

Haven't talked to Sandra since. Alex and I have been together for over a year now and we live together. He is absolutely a gem and a great boyfriend. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet him.

This whole situation enlightened me. Women/men don't know what they have until it is gone. They toy with people's feelings, mistreat each other, and take for granted things that other mates would appreciate and wish for, in a heartbeat. I hope that Sandra learned her lesson.

1514

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a little conflicted with this and not on account of morality either.

On one hand, the way you describe how Sandra treated Alex really speaks to me with how my major high school relationship worked. I'm glad you encouraged him to get away from that bitch and with someone who actually cares about him.

On the other, it sounds to me that he was only with you at first so he had someone to love. I'm not sure exactly how you two are going from this article alone, but that kind of situation almost never ends well.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's interesting how you call her your best friend, then proceed to dump her for a guy you've been secretly seeing for a month.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 13

• Hope Alex banged Sandra before leaving her.

• I don't need a lecture on what is right and wrong.

Apparently you do since you haven no concept of morality.

• Karma - look it up...

• damn it sucks to be a girl... no code at all

• Your next long term relationship will be with karma...

• At first, I thought I would respond this:
    "A boyfriend, that can be stolen will be stolen from you later."

After reading your mytake, I conclude, that I am happy for you. Have fun then!

• Nobody should be applauding for backstabbing or being evil.

• Yea, you're a whore.

• love that story good for you

• That Sandra sounds like a cunt, glad you got rid of her lol

• hot guys... everything is justified for them...

• You will be back next year asking why this guy left you for someone else. Do you have no morals at all?

• You stole your friends boyfriend and you are glad about it! Whoa. Ok
    The first pic that you have used is quite interesting. A hairy chested guy is being liked by two women, that's possible? I doubt

What Girls Said 14

• Was she your best friend? I doubt
    Best friends don't leave each other for guys.

• Nice short story you wrote lol

• These stories are not real they are purely fictional for entertainment.

• Doesn't matter if she's a bitch, you don't steal her boyfriend. You're not a very good friend.

• Sandra must have real trust issues after you did that...

• You can't "steal" anyone. The guy has a choice. He chose you and you chose him. The previous relationship doesn't matter.

• They were not going to be together and it was obvious. Hopefully you two work out for the better.

• I'd be mad if Sandra was s decent person, but she wasn't so good for you!!!

• Fake

• Fake story

• i wouldn't steal anybody's boyfriend

• i hope you dont hang around with that intolerable bitch again. she wasn't a friend nor his girlfriend. she thinks she is the center of the universe.

• With friends like you who needs enemies.

• I think it's a good thing to realise "bad" things don't have to be "bad", just because that's what morals have told us. As long as everyone is happier/healthier/whatever in the end, what's the problem?

Sandra didn't mind so that part is neutral.
    The writer and alex both got happier.
    I say this story is a win.

I've done things too that I would have thought of as "wrong" when I was younger, while in the circumstances there was no logical reason whatsoever to feel bad about them.