The #1 Reason Why You Have Not Found Love

So it's Friday night ... have any plans to find some love tonight? Well I guess that depends on where you live. See some of my clients I actually had to turn away because I just could not help them. Why you ask? Simply put...... they live in a small town. Here is a list of things that can be said of people trying to date in a small town:

1. You have pretty much dated everyone you know by the 6th grade.

Mary Jo is great and all but you just simply love her like a sister.

2. You need to drive 2 hours just to get to a good restaurant or movie theater.

I guess there is always RED BOX at the local McDonalds.

3. Online Dating is non existent because your zip code gives you an error message.

When there is not enough people participating in your zip code that is a problem.

4. Everything closes early.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get a Sammich whenever I wanted.

5. If you happen to get one STD...

Sexually transmitted awkwardness haunts you for the rest of your small town life.

So kids listen up... if you want a chance to find LOVE ... MOVE. For God Sakes... you can always go back! Here are a few of my favorite cities that are considered small to medium but pack a punch when it comes to finding love.

Austin, Texas

Boise, Idaho

Salt Lake City, Utah

Portland, Oregon

Denver, Colorado

What city do you recommend for finding love? let us know in the comment section below!

2539
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I need to move. This isn't news to me lol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm on the few females in my town who has made it to my 30's without at LEAST a couple kids and who hasn't slept with like every dude. Guys meet me and are like "Omg awesome!" But like 99% of them either have kids or are alcoholics. Or have a criminal record... Yeah my friend is a probation officer. He would know.

Yeah I need to move lol.

• *one of the few females

I'm not on ANY females...

Most Helpful Guy

• This is true actually.
    But I am now in a very big city but the problem is the cultural differences. Since I am from Germany and I am currently in the 3. rd world countries, it is going to be extra hard to find love. Probably impossible. And I never had a girlfriend in my life.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 24

• There's so much truth in this but I used to move about and still had failed relationships, I just have more experiences than my small town counterparts. My main problem is I am not very compatible with men from my culture, so I'd have to leave Jamaica.

• I'm not American... I also spend every Friday night in my favourite bar... working there 😂 So meeting people is pretty much impossible. I hate online dating, it's what's sucking the soul out of meeting people. Eh. I just also have closed myself off to ever meeting someone genuine so... oh well.

• Don't give up! My sister met her now Fiancé on Tinder, and I met my boyfriend on Tinder as well. It took me close to 300 matches to find him, but he's definitely amazeballs. Also I feel you with the bar thing, I work every Friday and Saturday at my favorite bar. I never realized how many terrible people went there until I started working.

• @KatherinHorn nah fam. Fuck Tinder. I've done Tinder and I really won't be doing it again. And yeah drunk people can be the absolute worst! But I do love working there.

• I'm mind blown that Austin is a small/medium town. Either way I very much agree I didn't meet my guy until I moved to Fort Worth. Going from a 2A high school to a 6A back in the day made it seem like my options are endless. Once you're in college I feel like dating gets a little easier even if its a small town like Stephenville, or Abilene.

• I have been to both stephenville and abilene and would consider those small towns for sure.

• Clients? What is your job professional match maker? I'm being serious

• I am an online dating coach... I help men and women with online dating. there you go.

• I don't open myself to it fully. There's something to be said about fully trusting someone completely with my essence. I don't. I have to continue working to do so. Hbu?

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 38

• Because it isn't "real", at least not to me, or some of us. Not all of us believe that fairy tale ending bullshit of "happily ever after", or believe in that "they got together and lived happily ever after" bullshit. I for one, certainly do not believe in it.

And once you feel differently and see things differently about it, then you really don't feel or see a point to chase after something that doesn't exist the way you thought it was and expect it to be when it was previously presented to you such as through mass media and shit. because that's basically what happened with me. I realize it was just all a bunch of delusions and fallacies.

I way I see and feel about things like "love" or "anything" that is claimed or deemed "important", etc. is only because that's how you feel, think, believe and desire it, and thus they become important to you and those that also have the same perspective and beliefs as yours, but does not mean the same for absolutely everybody. To me it's fallacies and delusions we created when it comes to the "importance", "matter", the "value", the "worth", or even "meaning" of something, someone or anyone or anything. Otherwise how come things change over time? Something you thought once was so important and have so much meaning and/or value or worth to you is now no longer making you feel the same way about it, or maybe you had found something better or newer to replace it with? And so there it goes, out with the old and in with the new. But hey, it does happen sometimes.

If anybody really feel they believe in "love" then continue to pursue it, otherwise what's the point? Why would it even matter at all?

@TheNotorious @Unit1 any thoughts on this one guys?

• Love is like a spoon. Because there is no spoon (matrix).
      Sure, you may feel it through hormones and chemical reactions but even that doesn't always last forever.
      It may appear all sweet, smooth and wonderful but when we face reality then we are often in for a disappointment.
      I agree, it is as much important to anyone as it is given by anyone.

• These are the reasons you are saying for not finding love? Honestly there isn't much logic or any logic in what you have said above. I am sorry, just being honest.

• Your question is about the overall number 1 reason why people are single but may not apply to how people who are single. You then went on to talk about why people are single in small towns. It us no longer about the overall number 1 reason because you excluded people in medium towns/cities and large towns/cities.

Lets talk about the reasons you give for being single in small towns.
    Most people are 11 or 12 years old when they are in 6th grade. Unless they come from a messed up family most people do not date before becoming a teenager.
    Not all small towns are that far from a medium city or a large city.
    You make it seem like they can only date people who live in the same small town they live in. That is not true.
    4. Everything closes early.
    Mainly because they do not get enough business after a certain time usually 10pm. At least for the small towns I have been in.
    5. If you happen to get one STD, it haunts you for the rest of your small town life.
    Most people regardless of the size of town or city they live in do not want any STDs not even one.

• Probably should of made the title a little more clear.. thanks.. good points.

• Nice clip from the movie " Crazy Stupid Love" 😊I like how that guy was trying to help him. I'm definitely near a big city being only 50 miles from NYC , my biggest problem is traffic, but there is no shortage of places to go at least, but no one seems to want to date someone from the island when they live in Manhattan where there is plenty of women

• I was in NYC last weekend and got 3 numbers without even trying... Big cities are the best!

• Yeah Manhattan is definitely the place to meet women

• Good advice actually. People paint themselves into a corner so tight they can't move. Women in particular do this - "I just have zero options left." Sure honey - there are ALWAYS options.

• More from Guys
    33