The #1 Reason Why You Have Not Found Love

So it's Friday night ... have any plans to find some love tonight? Well I guess that depends on where you live. See some of my clients I actually had to turn away because I just could not help them. Why you ask? Simply put...... they live in a small town. Here is a list of things that can be said of people trying to date in a small town:

1. You have pretty much dated everyone you know by the 6th grade.

Mary Jo is great and all but you just simply love her like a sister.

2. You need to drive 2 hours just to get to a good restaurant or movie theater.

I guess there is always RED BOX at the local McDonalds.

3. Online Dating is non existent because your zip code gives you an error message.

When there is not enough people participating in your zip code that is a problem.

4. Everything closes early.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get a Sammich whenever I wanted.

5. If you happen to get one STD...

Sexually transmitted awkwardness haunts you for the rest of your small town life.

So kids listen up... if you want a chance to find LOVE ... MOVE. For God Sakes... you can always go back! Here are a few of my favorite cities that are considered small to medium but pack a punch when it comes to finding love.

Austin, Texas

Boise, Idaho

Salt Lake City, Utah

Portland, Oregon

Denver, Colorado

What city do you recommend for finding love? let us know in the comment section below!

2538
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 25

• I know I need to move. This isn't news to me lol.

• 7d

I'm on the few females in my town who has made it to my 30's without at LEAST a couple kids and who hasn't slept with like every dude. Guys meet me and are like "Omg awesome!" But like 99% of them either have kids or are alcoholics. Or have a criminal record... Yeah my friend is a probation officer. He would know.

Yeah I need to move lol.

• 7d

*one of the few females

I'm not on ANY females...

• There's so much truth in this but I used to move about and still had failed relationships, I just have more experiences than my small town counterparts. My main problem is I am not very compatible with men from my culture, so I'd have to leave Jamaica.

• 6d

I'm not American... I also spend every Friday night in my favourite bar... working there ๐Ÿ˜‚ So meeting people is pretty much impossible. I hate online dating, it's what's sucking the soul out of meeting people. Eh. I just also have closed myself off to ever meeting someone genuine so... oh well.

• 6d

Don't give up! My sister met her now Fiancรฉ on Tinder, and I met my boyfriend on Tinder as well. It took me close to 300 matches to find him, but he's definitely amazeballs. Also I feel you with the bar thing, I work every Friday and Saturday at my favorite bar. I never realized how many terrible people went there until I started working.

• 6d

@KatherinHorn nah fam. Fuck Tinder. I've done Tinder and I really won't be doing it again. And yeah drunk people can be the absolute worst! But I do love working there.

• Clients? What is your job professional match maker? I'm being serious

• I am an online dating coach... I help men and women with online dating. there you go.

• tokyo is good

• 7d

I agree... your options in a small town are definitely limited. Cut ties, move somewhere new, and get a fresh start.

• 6d

If finding someone is meant to be at that point in someones life, it'll happen out of your control

• 6d

I don't open myself to it fully. There's something to be said about fully trusting someone completely with my essence. I don't. I have to continue working to do so. Hbu?

• 6d

I'm mind blown that Austin is a small/medium town. Either way I very much agree I didn't meet my guy until I moved to Fort Worth. Going from a 2A high school to a 6A back in the day made it seem like my options are endless. Once you're in college I feel like dating gets a little easier even if its a small town like Stephenville, or Abilene.

• 5d

I have been to both stephenville and abilene and would consider those small towns for sure.

• 6d

You find love by taking chances

• 6d

Men are complicated as it is.

• 7d

I haven't found love because I'm too ugly

• 6d

I hate to say this... because it sucks to hear... but you are only 16 - trust me, you will grow into your features, you'll realise you're not ugly, you'll start to love yourself and work with what you have and someone else will look at you like you're the most beautiful person on earth at some point :) you've got a lot of time to grow up still!

• 5d

@Blonde401 would you have said the same thing if I was 20? Or 50?

• 5d

20 yes. 50 no.

• 3d

I've not had any real relation though I have had none of these problems

• 5d

The best place to find love is in your attractive professors office hours :p

• 5d

lol thats lust not love. you know nothing of love mr "coach". u and the media spread these insecurities to weak minded people to reap the economical benefits.

• 6d

I have found already

• 6d

My best friend is still living in our tiny town of 15,000 where we grew up. She runs a restaurant and she's financially well off. But it is tough for her to find guys who aren't married, aren't crackheads and have some type of dream or ambition. It's a burden for her because she loves her job, our town just doesn't have a lot of options when it comes to guys.

• 6d

The main reason is that i don't take the risk, i don't want to get hurt

• 6d

#2 for me, my city is kinda dead

• 6d

I don't disagree with this. I'm lucky I found my boyfriend. I swear he was the last single guy in my area around my age

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 38

• Because it isn't "real", at least not to me, or some of us. Not all of us believe that fairy tale ending bullshit of "happily ever after", or believe in that "they got together and lived happily ever after" bullshit. I for one, certainly do not believe in it.

And once you feel differently and see things differently about it, then you really don't feel or see a point to chase after something that doesn't exist the way you thought it was and expect it to be when it was previously presented to you such as through mass media and shit. because that's basically what happened with me. I realize it was just all a bunch of delusions and fallacies.

I way I see and feel about things like "love" or "anything" that is claimed or deemed "important", etc. is only because that's how you feel, think, believe and desire it, and thus they become important to you and those that also have the same perspective and beliefs as yours, but does not mean the same for absolutely everybody. To me it's fallacies and delusions we created when it comes to the "importance", "matter", the "value", the "worth", or even "meaning" of something, someone or anyone or anything. Otherwise how come things change over time? Something you thought once was so important and have so much meaning and/or value or worth to you is now no longer making you feel the same way about it, or maybe you had found something better or newer to replace it with? And so there it goes, out with the old and in with the new. But hey, it does happen sometimes.

If anybody really feel they believe in "love" then continue to pursue it, otherwise what's the point? Why would it even matter at all?

@TheNotorious @Unit1 any thoughts on this one guys?

• Love is like a spoon. Because there is no spoon (matrix).
      Sure, you may feel it through hormones and chemical reactions but even that doesn't always last forever.
      It may appear all sweet, smooth and wonderful but when we face reality then we are often in for a disappointment.
      I agree, it is as much important to anyone as it is given by anyone.

• This is true actually.
    But I am now in a very big city but the problem is the cultural differences. Since I am from Germany and I am currently in the 3. rd world countries, it is going to be extra hard to find love. Probably impossible. And I never had a girlfriend in my life.

• These are the reasons you are saying for not finding love? Honestly there isn't much logic or any logic in what you have said above. I am sorry, just being honest.

• And you're paying for this or... ?

• Your question is about the overall number 1 reason why people are single but may not apply to how people who are single. You then went on to talk about why people are single in small towns. It us no longer about the overall number 1 reason because you excluded people in medium towns/cities and large towns/cities.

Lets talk about the reasons you give for being single in small towns.
    Most people are 11 or 12 years old when they are in 6th grade. Unless they come from a messed up family most people do not date before becoming a teenager.
    Not all small towns are that far from a medium city or a large city.
    You make it seem like they can only date people who live in the same small town they live in. That is not true.
    4. Everything closes early.
    Mainly because they do not get enough business after a certain time usually 10pm. At least for the small towns I have been in.
    5. If you happen to get one STD, it haunts you for the rest of your small town life.
    Most people regardless of the size of town or city they live in do not want any STDs not even one.

• 6d

Nice clip from the movie " Crazy Stupid Love" ๐Ÿ˜ŠI like how that guy was trying to help him. I'm definitely near a big city being only 50 miles from NYC , my biggest problem is traffic, but there is no shortage of places to go at least, but no one seems to want to date someone from the island when they live in Manhattan where there is plenty of women

• 6d

I was in NYC last weekend and got 3 numbers without even trying... Big cities are the best!

• 6d

Yeah Manhattan is definitely the place to meet women

• Number one reason? because I am an Otaku Shut-in and only attracted to Asians *probably why I am Otaku* not many Koreans or Japanese around here. and I don't find white people attractive or any other race.

I find most people annoying and would rather spend time in my study reading. don't get me wrong I like people. just not the people here. when in a crowded area with these Midwestern Vermin my mental status is
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ff2dc4604b.jpg

That's why I have not found "Love"

• Seattle has a high Asian population (in case you're interested in moving to a population with a higher percentage of that demographic). Some areas in California too, but they're more spread out

I actually do think moving from a small town or one with a demographic you're not interested in is decent advice. I wasn't interested in anybody I went to school with, but I've run into a couple of guys and had one boyfriend since moving cross country (and I've never lived in a small town)

• Ooh you might get lucky then ๐Ÿ˜€

• 6d

Good advice actually. People paint themselves into a corner so tight they can't move. Women in particular do this - "I just have zero options left." Sure honey - there are ALWAYS options.

• My town is not that small nor has all these issues you described (population is around 18k) but you're right by the time your finish school you've already met a lot of potential gfs who you either didn't like, they didn't like you or are dating someone else, so you're left with a very small pool of potential gfs who 90% of them are not your cup of tea.

as for bigger cities yes you have a lot of options and all but lots of girls try to play you, manipulate you and talk to you while they have bfs, so you're left with a small pool as well.

• I hear that... I guess I was referring too really small towns... one barber, one store, one highschoo, etc. ... I think you might be assuming a little when it comes to women in big cities. Sure that will happen but your chances are much higher especially if you choose somewhere like NYC or San Fran.

• 7d

@Benk111 if you mean like their privacy and dont care about violating unspoken rules then yes, i myself try to not in order to be as decent as possible but some simply dont care and will do things without caring about consequences and in a way they do keep to themselves, but that also means girls want to experience that independent life and go out with guys and have dates and do what they want whenever they want, some guys are smart enough and know how to utilize that to their advantage.

• 7d

No I live in a large town not the city a d if you walk to a person you don't know theyd look at you like your crazy.

• 6d

Didn't find love because im tired of putting time effort care into people who are not worth it

• 4d

The first thing that comes to mind:

There are already plenty of people in that small town that did find love.

Also, I'm from a small town and I found love just fine.

• 5d

Fack STDs

• 6d

I am too stupid / scared to approach the girl I like who probably likes me and thus continually slam that door in my own face.

• 6d

Love found me at 20. But not right away at 14.

• NOT anyplace in California. Pretty much everywhere there is dismal, at least for straight guys.

• 6d

You're saying the answer is that I should get more money.

• 6d

People are single because their standards are high on the shit that doesn't matter and low on the shit that does.

• 6d

I have not found love because I'm not really seeking for one.
    But yeah about the moving stuff, I would like to go to a small city in France. Random, I know.

• 6d

Online dating is it's own art/science and so is dating, they're are loads of reasons one might struggle beyond these simple few.

• 7d

Wtf, this is not even funny.

• More from Guys
    18