Although it's more difficult for a shy, insecure person to approach a desirable party, they need not worry as much.
Well...it's scientifically proven, and we all know this though our everyday lives, that stress and overthinking usually leads to hindrances, problems, more insecurities and ultimately failure.
Yes, you don't have to approach, but you do have to put yourselves out there for those eligible women / men to be able to see you and know you're there.
Waiting for love at home isn't going to prove fruitful unless you're banking on the internet, and although we'd all love to believe that the internet can provide us with our SO, more often than not, it's not so...
Tips on how to make yourself open without actually approaching:
- be friendly (within your friend group)
- try to not let social anxiety get to you (behave as if you were at home hanging out with your friends - if you have to pretend you are at home for a while until you loosen up)
- cut yourself off from your friends from time to time: go to the bar to get drinks, go to the bathroom but take your time to and fro, go to the pinball machine (being by yourself creates more opportunities for a woman to approach you)
- if anyone (guy or girl) comes up to you smile and converse...about anything... (being natural in a social situation appeals to people - even observing you from afar)
- be yourself out there, i.e., try new things, but don't get peer pressured into doing things you don't feel comfortable doing (it really makes people understand who you are and if they approach you it means they would most probably like you for you)
Of course, what you're looking for in this is for a woman (or man) to approach you - someone who is maybe bolder and less afraid of rejection... But you need that in your relationship dynamic - a bit of difference and contrast within the relationship can make everything a lot more fun!
Putting a positive energy out there and being natural and comfortable in all that you do makes people drawn to you. Maybe not always romantically, but that doesn't matter... What matters is that you're slaying the social game right now, and with that comes confidence, and then, later on, who knows...!
Maybe even a cute SO!