9 Online Dating Tips for Guys!

Let's face it. When it comes to dating, women have the power. This is most evident in online dating. She might receive between 50 to 100 messages per DAY on these dating websites. Often times, these are direct messages or alerts from guys.

How does a guy stand out?

Here are some basic tips that I have for guys to increase their response on these sites.

1. Use your best close up profile pic.

My advice is to look through your portrait pics on your facebook profile. Pick the one with the MOST likes. Especially choose the FB pic that has the MOST likes from the sex you want to attract.

2. Read her Bio!

Guys, after you drool over her pics, actually read her profile.

3. Use Wit or Humor in your first message.

Make sure that the message is related to something on their bio. It is best to NOT make sex jokes or remarks about her appearance.

4. Size doesn't matter, Length Does!

Only send messages the same length as the other person. If they message short replies, you do the same. if they message long replies, then match that person length.

5. Ask open ended questions!

Ask questions that make her reflect and think

6. Be Blunt & Confident.

Don't compliment too much. Dont be afraid to call her out. Crude honest will make you stand out because the other 50 guys messaging are puppies wagging their tail.

7. No patterned Responses!

Surprise is attractive. It gets them thinking of you. Don't just delay your response. Respond right away sometimes, then other times wait to respond until the next day. Then another day respond quickly. etc. It will drive her nuts waiting for you and wondering!

8. Reject Her!

That's right. Being confident enough to reject a woman shows you are high value and not desperate. Many women chase you when you reject them. Say, "You're responses are short. That's cool. How about we move on to people we are more interested in?" You can even jokingly reject her because she's a Jay Cutler fan.

9. Don't stroke her ego.

Don't over compliment.

826
Apope16 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister read this and she agrees with you 100%, nice take.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• I totally agree with most of these.

6 not so much. It's good to be real, to be confident, and to be honest. But don't embarrass me or be harsh, unless you want me to think you're an asshole. We're just getting to know each other, keep that in mind.

And with 8, think about how you phrase this. Full on rejecting her is likely to cause her to lose interest. Nobody wants to waste their time. But a short response here or there, that kind of thing, can certainly pique my interest.

• That's a pretty interesting MyTake. I might actually save this and share it with some of my guy friends.

At first I was skeptical about it, but after I read it, it made a lot of sense!

• i do not agree with 8, but i also want to add a little harsh truth
    guys, if you are not good looking, do not even join dating websites. when i see someone who is not naturally attractive, doesn't matter how well trimmered or taken care of he looks like, i will immediately put a "no" on him, not even bothering to learn who he is or what he does or how funny he is, and i'm pretty sure ohers (both men and women) do the same. online dating is not "meant" for you, that will only consume your time, give you no results, and destroy your ego

• Nice. The username thing made me laugh a bit 😂

• good one

• Interesting Take

• Ok, I hope your tips help someone

What Guys Said 25

• I'm not into online dating, but this seems like terrible advice. 4,6,7,8,9 just seems like games you're playing.

• Whats your advice other than dont date online? And fyi. No matter how you meet a woman, she's playing games with you. Lets not kid ourselves here.

• Yeah you're right. But unfortunately their pea brain only works like that.

• Reasonable.
    Just know that the online dating thing is a bust - that the vast majority of women there are un-datable and simply there looking for validation. They have zero intention of going out with anyone. And the majority of what they post about their profile is a giant stretch - solipsism on full display.

• Nice Take, but it's not easy to be confident. The other tips are quite feasible.

• Yeah bro. Its tough to be confident. Just know that when you stop complimenting her and talk to her with a crude honesty... you will stand out among the hundreds of puppies messaging her.

• Tip #10: lie about your income. EVERY woman looks at your income level in your profile. Unless you really are making $300,000 a year, lie about it. They check and they care.

• “When it comes to dating, women have the power.” Yes. I already knew that. No surprise there.
    “How does a guy stand out?” Paying. No, I don’t mean to those women, but to the dating sites.
    1: That is beyond obvious. The problem is how to select that picture. You might like something what isn’t that good.
    2: If she has one. Most of them don’t bother. And if she has one, for me, it’s more important than photos.
    3: That doesn’t work. Tested.
    4: And here we are. Pretending. Not being ourselves. The problem with this rule is that length will be fixed: no room for change. What if I would have more topics in my head? Or if I just don’t know what to say on specific sub-topic?
    5: That is as vague, as you can be. I mean…generally, sure, good think, but…god damn.
    6: OK, I…agree with this.
    7: Surprise, madafaka! Bang, you’re dead. :-) Hey, it was surprise. :-) No, just kidding, but it asked for it. And again, playing games. With time to respond. It’s not honest.
    8: Sure, I’m trying to…aah, never mind. I don’t have the energy for that. OK? I kind of see your point, but this also might backfire pretty ugly. And you don’t include this waring.
    9: Yeah, you already said that. So…
    Nice pic of a notebook. Ultrabook, as I see. How is that relevant to dating again?

• ^ Implying I ever get a match in the first place.

• These things will help yoi get that match buddy! Especially the profile pic idea

• Yeah I change it a lot. I'm not very attractive in the first place, so I go for funny.

• You know what i say? "Hey hows it going?" The only exception is if she has a picture or bio that gives me something i HAVE to address/allows me to say something witty. But other than that i just say hi because she isn't anything special... Im not here to bend over backwards to impress you.. its absurd how self absorbed some of these women are on tinder. Its just the principle of it.. like what makes you so special that you feel its ok to turn your nose up to a simple greeting just because it doesn't entertain you.

• Good tips but a waste of time I believe in general, especially for guys. People just don't take it seriously and women get so many messages that yours are almost always ignored or not even read to begin with.

• You forgot the MOST important thing: Choose a site that has the kind of people looking for people like you (this goes for men or women).

There is a wide range of sites. Once you have the right site, matching is easy.

• I would like to add
    It's a good idea to have pics of you doing things you like, try not to have them look to set up though.
    DON'T add a pick of you doing something that you don't know anything about or like. Good example of doing it wrong: My fried posted a pic of him standing with another friend's bass guitar strapped across his body. It was hard to tell all the nice women that hit him up, that he was in fact not a musician.

• Good take - I would totally agree with the first 5 but for me 6 to 9 are just overthinking it and hard work - I don't personally believe that there are formulas out there that are any better than just being yourself.

• fuck off cunt we don't want to date women.

• I needed this

• Thank you

• TL;DR:

1. DON'T.

• Nice advices.

I not totally blame women, imagine a We getting 50... 100... 150 messages every day saying "hey handsome!" a certain moment all we woul get pissed.

I do NOT advice date sites, except something more practical like Tinder.

• you mean it's all fake profile tinder are G. I. R. L. (Guy in Real Life) scams.
      alike instagram followers you...

• It's funny you mention that because the only times I do get first messages from women, they usually just say hey or hey handsome lol.

I still reply if I'm into them but it's kinda funny how women say I won't reply to hey or hey what's up but that's all they send. Not all of course

• @bloodmountain1990 that id because women sre hypocrites with double standards.

Women get hundreds of messages. So if they contact you "first" thats a big deal. At the same time. Many women have been taking men for granted and treating men shitty because they have so many choices.

• nice one.

• Great, exept #8 which is debateable

• Interesting

• Women have the power... where do they get that from? guys... so who really has the power. Until so many guys stop acting like desperate simps without any control or standards, then dating will continue to suck.

• More from Guys
    5