Stop Beating the Dead Horse, Know When to Walk Away!

I see it so often! Both here and IRL, I am seriously starting to think that 90% of people are fucked up the head.

Why waste time on something that will obviously never work? For example, exes. I can't understand how someone can go back to their ex and act like a breakup never happened. It happened! And for a reason. That main and sole reason that brought you together doesn't exist anymore after the breakup. One of you doesn't feel the same anymore and that is THE END. Game over. Those same feelings you or them had in the beginning do not exist anymore, there are only some traces of it and some new feelings. How can people just pretend that this is not true and repeatedly go back trying to fix it? It's beating the dead horse. I could never go back to someone who's feelings for me changed. Who's not on the same page as me. I can still respect them and care about them, but the relationship is O.V.E.R. Trying to fix it just prolongs the misery. It goes against all meaning of love. Going back to an ex is like spitting in the face of love, it shames its meaning. Going back to an ex means you completely gave up on love, and most importantly, on your own value. It shows that you have such a low opinion of yourself, that you are desperate and incapable of finding a new love. How can that make you happy?
Same goes for people chasing after people who obviously don't see them that way. Let me give you some advice...

Ladies: Stop wondering and over-analyzing if a guy likes you! If he does he will show you and tell you, he will freaking do something and you will know. If you don't know, then he doesn't like you. It's as simple as that. If he really likes you, you will never, ever doubt it. Not even for a second. It will just feel right and you will be making out instead of posting here. So do yourself a favor and go live a simple life and do something productive, because the right guy will show up eventually. Whining about it won't teleport him to you.

Gentleman: Same as for ladies, stop wasting your time and energy on women that don't like you. Pay closer attention to your surroundings and approach girls that you find kind and have things in common. The right girl will show up and she will be more then obvious about you. You will know. She won't be confusing, she won't lead you on, she will be the easiest catch ever (for you). Easy is good. There is no such thing as playing hard to get! If she's hard to get or hard to keep then she's not the one. MOVE ON.

I know rejection sucks. I know being led on sucks even more. But what you don't know is that you can avoid it, by being smarter. Never change for anyone. You want someone who will want you just the way you are. Because what someone doesn't see in you is what they will never be. And someone is going to see you eventually. Keep going and remember that every time someone rejects you or fools you, you are just one step closer to finding the right one. And when you do, it will be the best damn feeling in the world. You will be so freaking glad that all those people before rejected you.

819

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 19

• TL;DR

part 1:
    -don't look back to old relationships
    -only go towards new ppl/experiences to not fall back to who you were back then

part 2:
    -guys make it really obvious when they like a girl
    -guys go out of their way to have more contact with girl X
    -just be aware of your surroundings and you'll notice

part 3:
    -girls body language is obvious when girl likes/dislikes you
    -when a girl seems to reject you she is not playing a game she doesn't want u close (and you probably don't wanna chase a girl that will drain u before ur on the goal)

Final:
    -be open to new people and give em a chance
    -know what you want and keep that belief up
    -don't change yourself, the love of your life should want to be with you. jokes aside

My Opinion:
    good thread. a little obvious and very logical. I bet you're a woman "who knows what she wants" . most people I know don't give it much value tho you don't care right.. and you earn my respect for that.

• Someone is thinking clearly here.

• I agree. If someone doesn't desire you why sweat it? I was guilty of that in college.

I will say never quit on your goals and dreams, but feel free to quit on people that quit on you.

• Wow, you have very nicely summed up all of my feelings on this matter. Amen! Thank you for taking your time to write all of that out.

• Thought this is about beating up someone thats laying on the ground..

• Thank you well written MyTake. Thanks for sharing!!!

• Nice My Take 👍👍 a lot of truth 👌

• This is great. Thanks!

• I agree to some extent... but remember you can only move on so many times in a single lifetime.

• Absolutely correct !! Good take !! You think similar to me...

• I agree. Well said

• why would anyone beat a dead horse. That's just animal cruelty. #Evil

• There's some truth to this for sure, except about the exes.

• You're right, i feel my body language is ogen distant with ex's, but that's not always because I don't want them anymore, rather because I'm not sure what his intentions are..

And I would be in an 'I'm not sure ' stage too which could be seen as rejection while it's not. 😅 I already don't fit the take on girls (in a case with the ex)

• true, i chase after girls that dont want me and ignore the ones that do.

• Well said bravo!

• I think this is correct. No reason why two people can’t just be friends though 🙂

• people are fucked up today
    people today are selfish ignorant
    does not have love
    does not accept
    your opinion
    hello from albania
    fuck racism
    we are people

• Very good, but I disagree with the part that girls will show and tell their interest in a guy. Girls always play guessing games. And most of us are annoyed by those games. Why not be more direct like guys are?

• Nah, these tips won't help. Society's ruined.

What Girls Said 8

• i disagree on your advice for women. they should make a move like any other human being. if he's not interested he will say so. waiting is never good and wastes time, plus some people are shy or pretend to be to keep control. if you want someone let them know. It is your own Action is what keeps your mind from spinning, not someone elses actions. bc their intentions will never be as clear as your own and thinking is a natural reaction to the unknown. .

saying dont do anything and dont think, is like saying jump into poison ivy and dont scratch.

Also break ups can happen for reasons other than someone lost interest.

People move on at different speeds, and there's no way knowing how the 'extra' time they spent this time won't help them the next.

I think confronting reality is always important but that does not necessarily mean running away. Its ok in my opinion to make sure you looked at a situation.

People can waste time in relationships just as much as moving on from them, moving on is great but bc you are really worked it out -not just being dogmatic. otherwise you may keep repeating mistakes

• 1|0
  • Guys don’t play cat and mouse because they’re desperate. They do it because they’re self-centered. It’s fun for them and most of the guys who play game don’t even want to date. THEY LOVE THE SINGLE LIFE! THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION!
    Guys who don’t want to date me try to lead on my “crush” on them. This is so true though, they should move on. High school boys should just go sit down somewhere.
    My friends also are desperate. I have one who talks about her boyfriend who BROKE UP WITH HER MONTHS AGO! Yet cat and mouse games are the. Synopsis of high school romance. # why U don’t date

• I agree with you, but I think it's one of those things that come with experience. You won't listen to others, no matter what they say, unless you've experienced the rejection yourself and were able to move on. I think there were studies on how we all like to think that we're special and smarter than other people.
    Once you get rejected and find someone else, you'll realize that there's not just one fish in the sea, and experience and confidence that comes with aging just makes you better at handling the situation.

• Amazing Mytake! You spoke my mind <3

• many guys don't tell you when they like you. they give mixed signals and it's not clear at all.

• Thanks this is really well written.

• great