Tried and True Pick Up Lines that Work for Men

1. "I like your energy..."

Say this at a party or at a bar when you meet a girl for the first time. It is usually best to drop this in within the first 5 minutes of talking to a girl. You don't want to do it right away. But you can do it after a couple of lame jokes and at least one instance where you have shared something in common. Deliver this line in a perky and friendly tone as if you have discovered something surprising and unique about her. "You know what? I really like your energy..." It is complete bullshit and means nothing. It is so mysterious that women are drawn to it. Its more than just saying you like their personality, it is almost making it spiritual. That she has some magnetic aura about her. Chics will smile and be turned on. Trust me.

2. "There's something about you..."

Again, this is another line that is bullshit and has no meaning but it is so mysterious that it does. Look into her eyes thoughtfully and shake your head when saying this. They will eat it up!

3. "I like your style..."

Women spend a lot of time and concern about their appearance. Make them feel special by not simply validating their body parts or a some piece of jewerly. A girl will get a kick out of you like her entire look and how it fits together.

4. "I can feel your energy..."

The best time to say this is when you have guessed something correctly about the prospective lady you are with. She will say, "oh my god! How did you know that?" or "How'd you guess that?" Then you drop in a casual shrug with, " I don't know. I guess I can feel your energy or something. I can feel your presence." You will get the girl wondering and thinking about the connection you have. She may even get horny just wondering whether you guys have a deeper spiritual connection.

815
Apope16 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Those aren't pickup lines

• No they aren't. I titled it wrong. They are just compliments.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• Good luck with these. I'm one of those people that would ask you to elaborate on every one of these.

You wanna get all metaphysical/philosophical on me by bringing up my "energy"? Let's get deep, then. I love existentialist talk. We'll see just how versed you are in philosophy.
    If you make reference to my style, I'm going to ask what about it you like. Although, this is probably fairly easy to BS your way through.
    Number 2 is going to give you the most trouble. If you say there's something about me, I'm going to ask you to define what that is. And I'm going to expect an in-depth answer, considering I work very hard to blend in and keep my oddities at bay, so if you've managed to spot a crack in my mask, well... that'll earn you some points, but only if you're correct. I'll know within the first few seconds if you're BSing me.

• 1. I am a believer in Existentialism. I've read both Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir

2. You will of course ask me what it is. I could respond by complimenting you with #3 or #1. I could give another genuine compliment. Or.. id recommend being a mysterious Gemini and say, "Honestly, I dont know. I can't explain it. I guess I just feel an energy coming from you..." if I dont make out with you by the end of the night, Id still leave you thinking about what I said.

3. Women won't know if you are BSing because they will debate whether you are just being a friend or if you were flirting. If she can tell you are flirting she won't care. Just acknowledging a spiritual connection between you will have already made you horny.

• @Apope16 I'm an empiricist and a realist by philosophy. "Acknowledging a spiritual connection" or saying I have "an energy" is going to make me wonder and try to rationalize what the hell signs I've been giving off. It'll lead me to one of two possibilities: either I'm not blending in properly and need work on my comportment, or you're just saying it to make yourself seem interesting (the latter will become pretty evident when you try making out with me). Either way, the most that'll come of a philosophic discussion is us having a debate on the matter. I'm not in the habit of making out with strangers.

That's just me, though. In all likelihood, giving Sartre a few passionate recitations will score you brownie points--if not more--with most women. It does depend on the setting as well. The bar scene might not be the best place to delve into the concepts of 'being' and 'nothingness'.

• I was not aware you were giving a sating hypothetical about philosophy. I thought you were musing on my advice and what phrases meant.

If I was talking to you I would maintain a confident and even posture. My signals would be hot and cold. I would intrigue you by wondering whether I was flirting or just a charming friendly person. Anonymity and mystery of intention is power. Clear signals of intense like or dislike turn you off. These would work on you because depending on chemistry and how I would say them, they can be more or less flirty.

Based on your sharp witty tongue and your clear intellect, I would presume we would establish charm and attraction when you let your guard down. My goal is not to make out with you. It is to build a connection with you on a soulful level. By the time I drop a negative like a personal: fear, insecurity, failure, emberrassing life moment... Id have you hooked. :)

• If a guy dropped that energy shit on me I'd puke. What comes to mind is some stoned hippie being like "ummm... duuuude... I just like... feel your energy... good vibes... dude..." blegh. And as for the second one, I'd most likely react by saying "what?". Considering it's just a pick up line, there's a 99% chance that the guy would be tongue tied and would say some vague shit like "oh... I dunno". Not impressive. As for the third, that's a very vague comment as well and I wouldn't think that that somehow means the guy is into me. For all I know he could just love fashion and very much not be straight. Nice compliment but not something that will get me to drop my panties.

• Its not a pick up line. If you read the update youd see its a conversation mover. And have you actually used these in conversation? Each one has gotten me laid.

• Then maybe you shouldn’t have titled the take ”Tried and true pickup lines”. I haven’t seen any updates. And no I haven’t heard them or used them because they’re clearly bullshit and mean nothing. If these lines have gotten you laid then I feel sorry for the bimbos they worked on, and the fact that they only having half a brain cell.

• Guy: Want to come back to me plac-
    Me: no, go away-
    Guy: I have chocolate.. milk chocolate.
    Me: lead the way sir, that's all you had to say!

• Full disclosure, not a single one of these are good lines? It sounds like bullshit, and honestly like women aren't stupid? All the gooey rubbish is just annoying to be honest, I hate pick up lines, just talk to us like we're humans.

• And get friend-zoned.

• Unless she is a gold digger, a woman has sex based on feelings. And when they get mad they break shit based on feelings. And when they crash a car, they hit the gas pedal based on feelings.

I never call women beautiful. As you can see above, the compliments that have gotten me laid were not about her physical looks. Thats why they work.

Women here say it wouldn't be chemistry. Any kind of flirtation looks creepy and weird when you read them while disassociated from a person. But when you are in a moment... standing there in front of a living, breathing, woman, with flesh and blood in her veins... it works. In the moment it works.

I bet if you posted flirtatious things that have worked for you I would have a good laugh. Love is creepy. The only thing that doesn't make it cheesy or creepy is the people involved. Will Ferrell and Rosie O Donnell wouldn't work. It had to be Ross and Rachel.

• See flirting in my experience is just slagging each other a bit. The Irish don't do compliments and if people do, it's not received well at all.

• When I was single the best pick-up lines I got were "how you doing?" friends reference made my day and asking me how I felt about water. It was so random and I needed to know the punch line.

• Smile and would you like to dance beats all of these. I think they're a bit cheesy.

• These are are not lines for sparking a conversation. They are for mid convo. they are cheesy. That is correct. women are cheesy as fuck. They act on emotion not the logic of what you say.

• Women like blunt guyd number one.

Second, this is simply what has worked for me. Its not some method I drop on girls. Its a reflection on what I've said in the past that has gotten me laid.

Its cheesy. Its pathetic. But apparently thats what women want.

You keep saying something wouldn't work etc etc. What Im telling you is that it already has. Girls have slept with me and fallen for me. Its not about looking cool. Its about what has worked. Plus, I am a Gemini. We as Geminis are masters of flirtation and communication.

• I thought these are not supposed to be pick up lines. Lol you being a Gemini means nothing.

• Good ones.

What Guys Said 14

• Honestly, the best pick up line in the world is: Hello, my name is, ---------. After that, it is up to you on how well you conversate with her.

• That works. But the lines above are things you can say after that

• Pickup lines don't work in Kent. I just glance occasionally and when they come over and go "why are you looking at me?" I reply "sorry, didn't mean to. If it's any consolation I wasn't intending to chat you up..." then walk away with a pint. Then stand a safe distance away and watch her and her friends try to work out if that is a clever chatup line or a brush off. Sometimes she or one of her friends will come back to seek clarification.

• Any pick up line works if you're hot

• The feminists will call it rape !!!

• "I love that smile of yours"

• It's not that hard. Just talk to her. She'll either like you or she won't. Don't get upset if she's not into you. Get up and move on. And don't try and flirt with a woman when she's busy or when she seems frustrated. Its all about your approach. Don't tell them that they need to smile more instead, maybe mention that you miss seeing her smile.

• The lines above are great because they technically could be used in a non flirty way. Its right on the border. Chics will go crazy thinking about you and wondering if yoi flirting or not.

• So cringy its like a liberal trying to meme.
    All of these are predicated on you being attractive like dude below posted. Hotty McHotness doesn't even need to speak English that well to get the girl.
    Charles the IT guy... yea he might as well file a harassment complaint with HR against himself for merely looking at you Becky.

• If I tried this I know I would fail.

• Can't say I agree with these choices. They all sound kinda tacky.

• I've literally gotten laid using these lines. Read above on when to use these lines. They are introduction lines. They are things you can say in the flow of convo to intensity seduction.

• Even then they just sound... kinda funny.

• Thats because love and romance IS tacky.

• 5. "Nice Ass."
    6. "Your blouse is going to look great on my nightstand."
    7. (For black guys only) "Want some fuck?"

• If i said want some fuck then shed say " no fucks given". Then id say, "can I earn them?"

• Sounds like Tony DiNozzo when he's desperate...

Simples...

• Be yourself is the best advice, thanks!

• To all of those pinks who say the pickup lines would never work on them... you forgot to mention the last part ''unless I thought he was really hot''

I notice Anon blue said ''You just have to be able to hold a regular conversation and don't bring up anything about sex and you'll be fine.''

Yea, lets all pretend we aren't sexual beings shall we... wouldn't want to risk upsetting her majesty...

Again, you can say anything if you are good looking. I've talked to girls, mentioned sex, and all sorts of crap. If anything, it's more refreshing not to be afraid of mentioning it.

It all comes down to what you see in that cartoon below...

starecat.com/.../...opriate-looking-good-susan.jpg

• You just have to be able to hold a regular conversation and don't bring up anything about sex and you'll be fine.

Women get pick-up lines thrown at them 24/7 so they become numb to it. If you really want to stand out, just have a normal conversation about anything and make her laugh... that's all you have to do.

• The title says pickup lines but trust me they are merely compliments. I used the wrong title.