Boys, Here's What YOU Should Think About Before Kissing a Girl

Boys, Here's what YOU should think about before kissing a girl.

Yes, we have all kissed someone at one point in our lives. If you haven't had your first kiss, chances are you will soon.. Note that this is not an article on how to prepare yourself to kiss a girl, it is an article dedicated to all those girls you kissed and left behind, all those hearts you broke and all those things you told your friends about them.

BEFORE you kiss a girl, think about her. Like really, look into those eyes and see how much hope is filled into them. Ask yourself, do you really like this girl or are you just gonna kiss her because you're bored with life or because you haven't had any action in months or simply because you love the chase and don't believe in the game. Think about how you would feel if you had something special going on with on with that special someone and she comes up to you and says, "I think we should stop this, I've grown tired of you and body." How would you feel? Betrayed, hurt, humiliated? This is what most girls go through at almost every point in their lives.

Supposed you ignore the first paragraph and are reading one. This is an absolute must for all guys, PLEASE BE CLEAR OF YOUR INTENTIONS FROM THE BEGINNING. Most girls would love to know why the guy they like is kissing them. If you tell why you do even if its the wrong reason, she would not hate you, she would accept and be thankful to you for telling the truth. However, we hate it when guys just tell us "Can this be a one time thing?", right after they have kissed us. The worst scenario is when you lead a girl into thinking that the two of you have something special and then finally leaving her to mend her broken heart because you never cared in the first place.

Please do not lie to your friends about what you did with us, while it may be elevating your status it ruins our image.

Think of it like this, I sure no guy would like it if a girl rated their experience with them and told everyone about the things they did. Maybe for her, what you two had was intimate and private, but now you are just putting out for the whole world to see.

When she says NO, she means it. If she doesn't want to kiss you, she will be clear about it.But if you're just a jerk and think is just playing hard to get, chances are she is not. I have never heard of girl saying no to kiss a guy they liked. (First kisses might be an exception for them saying no) You should never ever force to kiss you. She will stay up all night thinking about how weak she was and how she was a coward because you didn't get the message.

I hope you get the message and seriously think about these things before doing something that might ruin another person's life.

1951

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, fair enough for an honest girl with a good heart. But a girl who loves herself; that's a totally different animal. She'll run circles around your "rules" and make the guy feel bad for even existing. And trust me, those girls are out there. The last thing I'd do is hurt an honest girl; but I've suffered at the hands of girls like those I mentioned. Take that into account as well.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 50

• Very well written... but utter nonsense. Maybe its generational or maybe its geographical but you are way off beam!

Kissing is a form of non verbal communication. It does not, and should not, not need pre-discussion or consent forms - unless you live in a relgious commune. If he/she doesn't want to be kissed they'll respond non verbally - ie move away. Or push you away... or kick you in the jewels.

I lived in France teaching English for 18 months, and quickly found to my horror that everyone kisses everyone without asking for permission or even thinking about it. I spent the first few weeks pushing the other staff away and saying stuoid shit like "How dare you, I'm English!". Till the headmistress hauled me in for questioning, said I was upsetting the other teachers and if I carriwd on being so insociable, she would have to terminate my contract. I changed... and grew to like it!! Most of the time. One of my colleagues was from Calabria (Southern Italy) and her dad visited, and kissed me on the lips first time I met him. I didn't dare argue with him as he had a Mafia Don aura about him...

• thanks for your opinion.. Maybe I'm just overreacting coz of my age and stuff but I thank you for appreciating my writing

• You should first ask for consent. Say "can I kiss you?'. Maybe even get her to sign a written contract saying she gave consent. Also, make sure to record the kiss as evidence and have a friend watching nearby so you have an eye witness in court just in case she tries to accuse you of sexual harassment or rape.

• That still won't work. No contract signed under duress is binding, emotional duress.

• @ManwithaConran I can't find anything, which is why I asked

• @StickStickity13 I'm still looking. BBC posts can disappear after 3 months which is a shame. It came out on or around 19th November...

• I think for me I've always been attracted to girls that weren't of the model type (but they are still attractive to me). Instead of the 10's and what not I usually like the 7's and 8's.

I remember I kissed a girl on the cheek when she wanted it on the lips so we kind of met half way... I think I caught her chin or something like that.

• Really really mindblowing take
    Absolutely amazing!!
    I'm still a lip virgin but that was really helpful
    Thanks!!

• I thought this would be, tilt your head to this side, use that muchof oressure, yes/no tongue, have you idiots washed your teeth, look at her eyes, do 90% of a moce but let her finish, ... Etc Etc Etc...

• I'm sorry if I didn't meet your expectations.. Please read the third line again

• No, I was reffering to title, not the entire myTake. It is well written

• Before you kiss a girl think nothing. just kiss her and Girls if you want to kiss a guy don't think about it, kiss him. No one needs to overthink, plan, prepare, scheme, plot, rehearse or anything else, do anything else and you ruin it.

it is natural, it is beautiful it is amazing... just kiss

• Look.. I've heard many girls admit that they oftentimes don't know that they want something until it's already being done to them. I have also witnessed/experienced this personally.

I'm not condoning sexual assault or anything.. but the line is far blurrier than our society allows the flexibility for, then it wonders why "real men" are so scarce.

• Life is just sooooo confusing :(

• @VaIiant Good on you! Like how are shy girls who can't approach guys meant to find someone if they aren't allowed to flirt. And wouldn't it take a while to register if the flirting is unwanted, depending on if you like the person and it would take you getting t know them to know that... I don't know, but yes, horseshit indeed.

• Yeah, fine by me. And yeah, “unwanted flirting is sexual assault” lol. 90% of all flirting is unwanted in this day and age.

• Way to overanalyze it and ruin a perfectly good kiss. It's a kiss, not a proposal. I kiss my mom, my nieces, my sisters-in-law. little old ladies at the church (the 'kiss of peace'), strangers, even the dog. As far as I know, I've NEVER ruined anyone life with one.
    That said, you ARE correct about things like gossiping, and forcing your kisses on someone who said 'No!'. But let's not raise the stakes on every kiss out there.

• What about all the drunk sloots I've kissed and one night stands that I've had with chicks that were just looking for a little fun and someone to boost their ego? Does this apply to them? Should I be concerned about breaking their wee little hearts when they're five vodka 7s deep with their tongue down the guy number 5's throat? Or nah?

• Well. That's called taking advantage of someone, especially once they've had 5 shots of vodka.

• @VaIiant depends on if the guys equally or more drunk

• True, true. But in plenty situations he’s relatively sober, but in some he’s not.

• A kiss is just a kiss. Don't make it out to be anything more then it is given the context. If you don't know the context of the kiss that figure it out yourself instead of playing the victim.

I've never kissed someone and felt some kind of magical feeling or any of that nonsense. It's just a pleasant and stimulating experience.

It would take many long years before I would allow myself to be vulnerable because frankly most relationships don't last and most of them are shit.

• lol, I relate. Never had the whole 'sparks fly' kiss thing. Never got the huge hype...

• eh, i am pretty young. Maybe just haven't met the right person. Overall though, with the numerous amount of people I've liplocked with, it really hasn't been a 'oh fireworks' moment. Seems like movies and books hype it up a lot to sell to googly eyed teenagers.

• See I will repeat it.., this is my opinion. We are all different and you may have yours. I am not accusing every kiss being like that. Sorry if couldn't be more specific.

• Show more from Guys
    40

What Girls Said 19

• This is amazing! I think people need to realise how far it can affects someone's life when you lead them on and make them fall for you and just leave :(

• I had a boyfriend and he would always try to ask if we could kiss over text before we hung out but it was always hard to answer because in past experiences hanging out it seemed like he was uninterested, so it was really confusing. I felt like if i said yes, he would feel pressured to kiss me even if he had changed his mind while we were hanging, so it was really hard to deal with.

• I don't think this much thought needs to go into a kiss tbh. It's not that big of a deal. I can't even remember all the people I kissed.

• Uh.. I'm just saying this so guys realise sometimes it's not all good. It's my point of view. I not saying kissing is bad or anything.

• Amazon. com has some books on dating and courtship for men. Men and women are different in many ways and that's not even considering the intelligence and integrity of the person. I take it you are serious about improving your future relationships... so, read up, discuss things with folks you respect who are in successful relationships... and above all... keep being the nice guy you are. One day the bell will ring for you!

• well if she is looking for more than a kiss before the kiss, she is perfectly capable of not kissing him and asking his intentions beforehand. she should not kiss him before asking info if thats important to her, thats HER responsibility,, not his.

women are not babies. and there's no proof of anything kiss wise even if someone has the best of intentions its all a gamble- feelings change. if you can't handle disappointment after a kiss, dont kiss anyone.

no one should be forcing anyone to kiss anyone but this is assault not about bad intentions romantically.

if she cares about his intentions or he hers, they should ask. some people just like kissing though & it doesn't require a conversation.

if someone does ask - be honest.

• I totally agree, thanks for saying this. It's time women are held responsible for some things

• Thank you for your opinion... This is just my point of view tho

• Thanks for telling the world this! But I feel like this is not always needed, it's usually good if their sincere.

• I know what u mean I not saying all boys are like this but I just wanted people to know

• I partially agree with this Take, because every day I see girls kissing random guys and then leaving them as well. Kissing has literally become something that should be taken lightly, because it doesn't necessarily involve any hope/love.

• Would a guy kiss a girl he wasn't interested in? Would a guy kiss a girl to make her happy even if it isn't something he would typically do? Kisses are a big deal to some of us women.

• I was kissed on the first date french style so does that count? haha

• This is absolutely fabulous. So accurate.

• Show more from Girls
    9