How To Tell If A Shy Girl Likes You

1. Blushing

I think this one is obvious, but shy girls blush, a lot, especially around their crush. Personally, I can't help it, whenever i'm around my crush, I blush like crazy. My face literally goes from pale to red. It's so embarrassing, but also very true.

2. Staring, but not talking

I am guilty of this. I stare at my crush, but never talk to him. I feel so nervous that I could faint if I ever did go to talk to him. So, I stare. A lot. And sometimes he stares back, which makes me blush a lot and makes me even more nervous around him. But yeah, shy girls stare, but don't talk to their crush

3. Makeup

If a shy girl doesn't usually wear makeup (like me), then she will wear it around her crush. I just feel like I would be more attractive to him if I wore makeup around my crush. Which may or not be true, I don't know, but that's just how I feel. I like the natural look usually, but I want to impress my crush, so I wear makeup.

4. Ignoring you

I am so guilty of this myself. I know, ignoring your crush isn't exactly the greatest way to show him you like him, but I do it anyways. Shy girls just feel too nervous to talk to their crush. And we overthink, all the time. So, we ignore the guy in favor of embarrassing ourselves.

5. She sticks close to you

So, yeah she will go where you go. It's so stalkerish, but it's still what we shy girls do. I know that sometimes I walk closer to my crush if he was standing somewhere with his friends, but I would still keep my distance from him.

6. Facebook stalking

Yep, we facebook stalk our crushes. We might not even send you a friend request, instead we just keep our eyes on your account to see what you're up to. We can't help it, we don't talk to you, so we need to know what's going on. Are you going out with someone, do you like someone else, etc...

There are other signs too, but i'm just pointing out some of the things that I personally do. So, if you have anything else to add, feel free! =)

1731

Most Helpful Guy

• I do all these things too, it's not as accepted of guys to admit to those things though, we're seen as creep or potential rapists lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Being a shy girl, i got to agree lol.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 30

• Wow! That was really helpful, never noticed that before now i'll keep an eye on girls around me next time but you forgot to add one more point, i don't know if girls agree with this but i have experienced it that the girl who hates you especially when you show no sign of interest to her, she actually likes you. Is that true? What are your thoughts on this?

• As nice as it is to know that there may be a shy girl who has or have had eyes on me, I just can't find it in myself to go for them. They just don't have the quality that I want in my partner, assertiveness. If a girl is not willing to assert herself, I just can't see myself being with them for a very long time.

• Nice thread. I love when girls blush and flirt

• Pretty interesting, I’ll definitely look for those signs 😊

• The problem with these cues is that they're exactly the same as someone who isn't interested, besides for maybe one or two examples. If she's not obvious I don't bother

• Thank you

• Such a cute take :)

• I would absolutely avoid that kind of person, sorry.

Shyness isn't always just a lack of confidence, it can also be a sign of an unhealthy degree of self-obsession, too.

• Some of these things are creepy but adorable at the same time...

• Very nice take.

• All those seem like signs

• thanks good stuff

• Great take

• 2. Creepy
    4. Stupid behavior
    6. Creepy

• Thanks

• That's what I thought too. But that shy girl only liked white or Latino men and I unfortunately am not.

• Wasn't this made by the same girl who wrote about how to be manipulative as a shy girl?

• No, that wasn't me

• These can be associated with outgoing girls/women also.

2. Can be taken as creepy as well.
    3. What if she already wears makeup or only on special, occasions?

• Every shy girl likes me

• I'm a shy girl but I hate using make up

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 16

• Nice take

• I have several of those traits.

• i think this goes for shy guys too. or, rather, the consequence of absent proper communication ;)

• All were so true... lol.. i used to do that on my "crushing days".. lmao. im still a shy girl but its been a really long while since i had a crush on someone..🤔

• I think you defined a stalker, not a shy person.

• There is a difference a stalker is crazy and has no limits where as a shy person knows where the limits of normal social behavior exist.

• I don't have Facebook either my point was simply that someone can't Facebook stalk you unless you let them and they would still only see what you let them.

• While you do raise a point, stalkers are a little more proactive than that.

• shit!!! you exposed us shy girls xD

• This is really helpful to guys.. maybe they will start getting my cues lol

• don't you think those are about the same traits that girls do when they dislike someone?

• The staring but not talking part sounds rather unsettling.

• Will also try to be around you and won't say anything 😔

• Also she engages in sexual innuendo and activities that simulate sex.

• Shy girls tend to blush a lot.

• I'm a shy girl and do all of those!!

• I knew someone out there probably ignored their crush's texts. I do all of these things to the extreme.

• Hi, I wonder if you can take a look at my question Is not texting much ALWAYS a sign of disinterest? ↗ , please? A girl I work with has been giving me a lot of signs in the last few months. She is younger than me and a little immature but I am trying to work out if her behaviour is to try and cover up that she has a crush on me. I won't bore you with all the details, there is a fair bit on the question about it, but one of the things that has had me confused is that all the advice I have seen on 'does she like me' type articles says that girls will always text back if they are interested. Her texting is infrequent and often she ignores texts I send her which she later tells me in person made her laugh. This makes it difficult for me to work out what she is thinking. Please could you give me your insight on this? Thanks.

• @Almosthopelesscase sure!

• Some of these have been true of me for sure!

• Nice information about shy girl 👧

• Lmao true