6 Things Guys Like in a Girl Besides Her Appearance

Looks do matter when you're attracted to someone. This is mytake explaining what makes girls more attractive except looks.

1. Femininity

6 Things Guys Like in a Girl besides Her Appearance

Femininity is the greatest asset of every girl. And it’s a trait that no masculine guy can resist. Contrary to the belief of many girls, don’t ever assume that displaying your femininity is a sign of weakness or the weaker sex. Feminine is beautiful and attractive. It isn't about oppressing women (like feminists suggest) but men generally find feminity attractive.

2. Intelligence

Intelligence can make anyone look more attractive. For many, Intellectual attraction is more important than physical attraction. It is only possible if the woman is smart enough. Not a scientist but not dumb either. You can find stats for respective question here (246 votes)

3. Self-esteem

self-esteem is MUST. not high af but not low as well. If you want to be loved, you should love yourself first. Good self-esteem can boost a woman's attractiveness like nothing else.

4. Healthy Glow

A healthy glow can make any woman look beautiful. It isn't about how you look but that face you get when you're happy. That's the most attractive face ever! A dull face can make a beautiful woman look unattractive. Take Emma Watson for example. She's one of the most beautiful women but yet she looks ugly without face glow. The same thing can make porn star look unattractive. It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive

5. Sense of humor

Men love to make their special ones laugh! As like women find the sense of humor attractive, men do as well. We want a girl who laughs at our jokes and make us laugh back! It is a must have quality for a person like me but its intensity can differ as per the person

6. A group of girls

Last one but the scientific one. It is scientifically proven fact that women in a group look more attractive than alone. This effect is also known as "Cheerleader Effect". You can find Scientific American's article here.

It states that "Research shows that individual faces appear more attractive when presented in a group than when presented alone"

2753

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 27

• Femininity? I'm still confused about what that actually constitutes.

"It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive" - just stop.

• I would think femininity sort of entails not trying to act like a man (i. e. the feminist notion of "strong independent women"). Men actually do find a woman who would be *somewhat* reliant on the man to be attractive, despite it perhaps being more work for the man.
      On the sexual partners thing, I would think that could in part be linked to the trying to act masculine thing. It is a typically more masculine trait to go actively seeking sex (I'm not saying it's a good trait) to try and spread genes farther. Women, through nature, had to be more conservative because an unwanted pregnancy without a provider can be extremely damaging. Nowadays because of contraception that's less of an issue, but it still rings true as a trait which men find more attractive in finding a partner who'll last longer than just some cheap sex. Honestly both men and women would be better off with a little more abstinence.

• @Langseax Soooo... boring. And this is why i'm single.

• I like, but #4 is controversial and #6 I don't understand

• must be more than just 6...

• Cool myTake!😎

• β€œThings I like to see in a girl but i’m generalizing it so people will click on it”

• Great take, I'll be using these for when I start college soon.

• positive vibe and common goals are a big one. for both genders

• hm interesting. and you're an influencer now congrats! lols

• Interesting Take

• No wonder guys don't like me. 😐

• Interesting

• Nice list! But uhh.. 6 never worked for me. I think I was approached more often when I was alone than with girls. Maybe the men here are just more shy?

• not as a 'tactic'. just as visual appeal. appearing attractive not being approachable. like he could notice you in a group then approach when alone. my guess.

• afraid? no she is just an obstacle. I bet you are that member of the group lol..

• I bet you are crazy as hell lol, you have that look

• Nice take

• Nice take...^_^

• You forgot going with the flow. No one likes a girl who is different from everyone else.

• Agree with all apart from the last one. I shine more by myself than with others..

• Don't some guys prefer girls to be alone because it's easier to talk to them that way?

• Yes they do. But this take is about what makes girl attractive and being in a group does that

• I totally agree, and I have already shared these things with my best friends. Thank you!

• I think I fit most of those categories except the group thing not sure about it.

• The last one is true I've realized.

• What is feminine to you?

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 53

• "It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive"

Disagree

www.mindbodygreen.com/.../...es-you-beautiful.html

Although, I'm considering 'large number of sexual partners = large number of sex'

And [IMO] cheerleader effect works only in a group of 'attractive people'. If you're a 6/10, in a group of attractive people like 9s & 10s/10s, you'll look like an 8/10. But the downside is that you'll be the last choice because of the contradistinction.

But overall, very good take.

• 1. Wit, when ladies have a comprehensive understanding of satire, and what's comical they make me laugh my tits of.
    2. compliance with my own mad or twisted sense of humour. My girlfriend once gave me a oyster at the dinner table, I stared at it, pocked it a bit, then refused to eat it, and told her top put six of them in her mouth and gargle them to infront of me with an open mouth. She did not hesitate and after bursting out in laughter I reached over the table and pashed her with a mouthful of when she had a mouthful of chewed up oysters. 3. zero tolerance for mine or any other guys bullshit. Weak minded people are boring, and I love watching women ripe the arsewhole out of another man, because he is a twit. 4. being reasonable, girls who have a basic understanding of ethics are very easy to love, and get along with. 5. tenacity a never give up attitude is very sex. 6. maternal instincts. There is something about a woman who cares about others and is hospitable above and beyond the call of Duty. There is no reason that a woman has to be nice to me, but I really appreciate it when they do.

• Thanks for sharing. Great Job Bro.

• Not so sure about the group effect or the "glow," but humor, intelligence, and femininity are definitely what I'm looking for.

• I think #4 is really harsh. A lack of "face glow" won't make a woman ugly.
    Decree it as "scientifically proven fact" but #6 is a load of crap to me. I'd rather focus on one woman alone than one woman in a group of women. Being in a group won't make a turd look like a rose.

• The support she gives you- as an advisor with your best interests at heart, is also important. She sees things you don't, keeps you focused, and doesn't let you give up when you're frustrated.

• The Cheerleader Effect... is that an American thing? I'm UK born and bred; f I (or my mates) see a crowd of women we see a crowd of women, and (here at least) you need to put a crash helmet on before you dare invade a girl group's space. So generally speaking, we move as far away as possible.

• No. It's common for everyone. I just used that website as source as it sounds creaditable

• Man, that's a lot of words for "be pleasant, loyal and not fat." And no, not being fat is not just about appearance. There's a reason humans evolved a natural revulsion to it; it's the single most obvious marker of poor health and higher likelihood to produce inferior offspring.

• Ah, well, you missed #1 - her level of attraction and desire for you. That's the most important. Everything else is secondary. :)

• Self esteem is really not that important in my opinion, much more important is modesty.

And 6 is a complete BS. Yeah, whenever you can't base something on facts otherwise, it's simply "scientifically proven", lol.

In my opinion the most important thing, again missing here on this list, is being pure and innocent...

• Yes i like intelligent girls with self respect and respect for others, i dont know about facial glow but i love all porn actresses and hardly notice them above their neck line lolπŸ˜‚ and for me facial beauty is secondary but primary quality is a girl should be understanding, loyal, be kind, loving and caring. Agreeing with #5 guys like girls with a good sense of humour.

• You left out what I consider to be one of the most important; joi de vivre. A love of life, and an enthusiasm for it.

• @Political_dude

1. What do you consider feminine? What do you mean by not acting like a man?
    2. Intelligent in what way or ways?
    3. That is good to a point.
    4. Happy glow is a good thing. If you are with a woman long enough you will see the so called dull face.
    5. Another good thing.
    6. Are you saying unless a woman is in a group she is not good looking.

• I have to disagree with 6. Nothing puts me off a dating site profile more than most of the pictures being group shots.

• The cheerleader effect is quite real. People I couldn't stand to look at look quite sexy when put in a group.

• Great take

• I like tomboys and girly girls. I say that the first one is rather irrelevant as well as the last.

• Good take!

• I love tomboys. So the whole feminine thing is unimportant to me. Though I don't mind a little bit of femininity here and there.

• Interesting thread

• More from Guys
    33