I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

So, as my title says i'm what you would describe as a good girl. I know, how boring, but it's true. To be honest it's difficult being a good girl, with everyone either having sex or doing drugs, etc... And here I am doing none of those things. I feel like sometimes it's difficult to make friends, because of it. Sometimes when I tell people, "Oh, you're a virgin," etc... And then they won't talk to me again. LOL. I honestly find it hilarious at times when they do actually stop talking to me, because I mean really?! Just because of that you don't want to be friends? Okay, you're loss.

So, yeah, I'm a twenty four year old virgin. And no, it's not because of religion or wanting to wait until marriage, or even guys not wanting to do it with me, because hey I get asked to hook up a lot. And my answer is always the same, no. I just want my first time to be with someone i'm in love with and trust completely. I've had terrible luck in love, and it's not for the lack of trying. I've had four boyfriends and two loves already. They just haven't worked out.

And I also never do drugs, never have, never will. Again, nothing to do with religion or whatever, I just hate the thought of putting something made with rat poison into my mouth. Disgusting. I've been offered some in the past, and I passed. Plus the smell is just awful.

I've also never cheated on my partners before. Though, I've had two who cheated on me. I broke of those relationships as soon as I heard. But i've never done it myself and I don't plan to. I want to be with a guy that I love and who loves for the rest of our lives. And I guess that makes me a good girl right there. I've just never had the desire to be with more than one person at a time, one person is definitely enough for me. Thanks.

I also don't like to wear makeup much. I prefer the natural look. Yeah, sure, without makeup I look dull probably. But I don't really care. I only wear makeup on special occasions or on dates. And before you ask, I am feminine. I love dresses and skirts and all those pretty clothes and hair accessories, I just prefer to look natural.

I could go on and on about it, but nah. By your definition, I am a good girl. Sometimes I wish I wasn't, because it can get a bit lonely and boring. But I am what I am. I'm not going to change myself to become someone i'm not just for the sake of it. And I hope that one day i'll meet my one true love and be happy. But for right now, I guess i'll continue to be "the good girl".

2141

Most Helpful Guy

• ๐Ÿ˜ You are like the soulmate I never met ๐Ÿ˜
    If only we met like 7+ years ago. You are one unique woman. Can't find ladies like you these days. I have always been the 'Nice Guy' type which no one seems to have interest in. Except, I never put enough effort into it. Never kissed, never dated. Gave up.
    It's weird how many people consider us boring, loser, weird, messed up, etc. There is nothing wrong with making our own decisions on how to live, sticking to traditions, beliefs, etc. Right? Right! The opportunities go down by a significant amount but still possible. Don't give up your desires and keep rolling. It is tough and lonely at times. I definitely feel that. I don't mean to bring you down but be sure to have everything planned ahead in case it never happens. You don't wanna waste your life searching and nothing else. Have your education, finances, career, home, etc. ready to survive a lifetime.
    โ˜บ Thank you for sharing. I wish you the best โ˜บ

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh, im. I'm fortunate enough to have friends that accept me for the way I am. I know I'm younger, but I've learned that being the "good girl" is a great thing, and majority of my friends and family tell me that I should stay the way that I am because we are rare in this world now a days lol. Not to down on anything others are doing because they can live how they chose too, however I

• Sorry that came out wrong lol. I was basically saying I'm in the same situation as you, (I'm 18 btw). I've learned to accept, and be proud of myself for my choices with the help of others. I know it's hard. We've all been tempted at one point, but it's just not in us to do so and we can't help it. I'm glad to finally hear someone else is in the same position as me and following through with it.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 40

• You'll be happy with your decisions later on in life, and those ones that stopped being friends with you because you won't do drugs or sleep around are the ones that will have a crappy life long term.
    They will likely have kids by different fathers, all of whom have left them for other promiscuous people, and the ones that do drugs will have an unstable life, losing jobs, getting arrested, or maybe even dying in their late 30s like one of my cousins because she had done so much damage over the years from drugs.

You are making good choices. Just try to find other people that make those good choices to hang around for friends when you can.

• Please never change. We need more good "Men and Women".

• Why did the counter article "Why Be Good When You Can Be Bad?" get featured but this didn't?

It's a great mentality to have. Don't waste your youth though. By which I mean, get out there and find the love of your life :D Youth is very attractive.

• We should put you in a museum, where nothing and no one will ever tarnish you, and where we'll we remembered that such girls exists.

• Agreed with everything you said and keeping your values nowadays can get a bit rough and feel kinda lonely , but great people are unique and not a lot of people are like them

• Well you are pretty much the ideal woman of about every real men (and not grown up boys) out there, sometime you will find a good partner that will respect, appreciate and honours your values, till there, just keep living up to your ideals and let the metoo generation fuck themselves up with their shit.

• So they do exist! Now, where can I find girls like you?

• I don't know you but from you're mytake I probably wouldn't want to be around you either just from the simple fact that you call yourself "good". "Good", "bad" and titles like thst should never be self-imposed and to be honest, you sound arrogant. I mean, you're literally doing the bare minimum to be a decent human, nothing to brag about. And honestly, I knew a girl like you, an ex actually, and she was the person who was the most bitter, judgmental, arrogant, entitled and played the most games. And nobody wanted to be her friend either. I think you need to look at your actual interactions with people and stop being so hung up on being "a good girl" and worry about being yourself and playing the victim. As far as the relationships you mentioned, obviously, you didn't give any details about them so I can't comment on specifics but you saying that you had 4 boyfriends but none them worked sounds fishy to me. Besides the ones who cheated on you, it sounds like you would be the type of person to put someone on a pedestal and give them all thes impossibly high standards that you don't even measure up to so you break up at even the slightest infraction cause you're expecting perfection/fantasy, not reality or a connection.
    Again, this is only the impression I got, you didn't give enough details on your life but I still think you need to do some self reflection

• That was really refreshing to read ๐Ÿ˜Š Don't ever give up your morals for others.

I lost friends from one night when I had a really attractive lady hitting on me when she was drunk, we all knew she had a boyfriend but kept insisting we go back to her appartment. I couldn't do it no matter how attractive I thought she was. Anyway my "so called friend " moved in and slept with her while her boyfriend was away. I got called a dick head , idiot etc. needless to say I'm not friends with those guys and all honesty I'm glad those pill popping drunk idiots are out of my life.

Don't ever give up on your beliefs.
    by the way what you just described is what a gentleman wants not a boy :)

• Don't change, guys will appreciate a girl like you.

• Nice take. I think today the use of drugs, cheating, and lack of morality has become more or less the social norm... Girls who don't conform to that are what I look for.

• I can relate to this... I'm 23 and don't do drugs, I don't drink a ton and I'm not just sleeping around with girls. Girls in this day and age consider me a "boring" guy. I always wonder where the "good" girls are, but I sometimes try to figure out what "good" actually is. As boring as it may seem, stay the way you are... you're the kind of girl I need. You'll find someone special eventually :)

• Well you are the woman men dream of. Wait for what you want. You are doing great. How does your sexual status come up anyway?

• They start talking about sex and then ask me how many guys i've slept with, etc...

• @janeyjaney What is all this about?

• @janeyjaney No, I feel bad for you.

• wow, that was great, i was worried if there are still good girls out there. i hope every one of us can find people like you. and i understand what you just wrote because i am 26 and i chose that life myself too. i hope you find your one and only.

• Good for you. You will reap the benefits. Good luck to you.

• Keep being a good girl, good guys like girls like you.

• Bueno

• Well done, you should be proud of yourself. ^^
    But it would be much better if you didn't have those past relationships, if you were really saving yourself for one guy only.

• Love it.

• Really great

• More from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 20

• There needs to be more girls like you. I wouldn't say having had sex or wearing make up would make a girl bad but it does make a difference between pure and not. Having a lot of sex with multiple guys puts some one under the bad girl line. You're innocent. You have morals and expectations that aren't taken seriously by women today and even some men.

• Hey another good girl here :) Im 20 and still virgin and I even haven't experienced my first kiss lol XD and I don't do drugs or drink so much. I used to wish that I was bad girl because I wanted to be cool. But now I'm fine being like this. So yes, don't change yourself, accept yourself as who you are!

• good 4 u...

• I'm not judging you her, but your life just sounds so boring to me. You're missing out on a ton, but each to their own.

• Maybe all that stuff she's missing out is actually bad and good to be avoided?

• @PureGuy Expressing my opinion is bad? You ever heard of freedom of speech?

• I heard morality and responsibility.

• Im somewhat similar but I have differences though and I guess being a good girl in my past and still currently has not helped me a lot to have firends or even date or have boyfriend. s In a way for me it had backfired me being so good but I am against being a bad girl either. I dotn smoke, never doen drugs in my past not even for curiosity, I have few few Friends, I hardly go out socially, I dont have a boyfriend or never dated in the past.

• Same! I'm considered a good girl too cause I'm a 16-year-old virgin who has never cheated, doesn't lie, don't do drugs (in fact I`ve passed my very uncle on that offer.), and I'm almost always kind and positive.

• I don't think it's that unusual or weird or bad. I was like this until I was 25 and a friend wanted to try weed (and eventually took my virginity by force).

I always thought I was alone in my bubble, but I've met a lot of similar people over the last few years. I don't think it's a bad thing, I planned to never change and I was extremely happy with who I was, but it was also nice to experience new things and have meaningful experiences, even if they weren't all good. But anything you do should be because you want to do it and you think it's beneficial to you somehow. I never felt lonely and never felt boring, I thought I was great and I loved my company. There's nothing worse than being reliant on other people to feel good.

• I'm also a virgin and I never did drugs before. Unlike you, I've never been in a relationship before. I do only wear makeup on special occasions cause if I wear it everyday i feel like i'll run out of it.
    I'm a 'good girl' too I guess but I feel like I'm missing out on so much. I want to change all of this next year

• I relate to this so much. Sometimes its hard for me to be friends with people who do all those things as well because I feel like the different one and can't relate to anything they are talking about.

• Good girl!

• I'm a good girl.

• "I've had four boyfriends and two loves already. They just haven't worked out."
    .
    .
    .
    Two loves?
    Neither was love
    โ€ขIf it was love you would still be together.
    โ€ขIf it was love you wouldn't realise๐Ÿ˜œ
    โ€ขTrue love never happens twice.

• It's good digging hun

• I was in love and my two loves weren't my boyfriends. There are reasons that people who are in love don't work out, etc... And true love does happen more than once, I can attest to that

• True love is overrated girls you just find someone similar to you to share your human interactions with and someone to care about but that " true love fantasy " is basically a mix of lust and passion which they fade with time and routine

• good girls are no fun

• Depends, crazy chicks aren't always fun. Actually I find them the opposite most of the time and annoying.

• If being a slut is more mature, go ahead and walk off, I haven't got time for you.

• @Langseax slut
      slสŒt
      nounderogatory
      1.
      a woman who has many casual sexual partners.
      No sweetheart sadly for you I am mno slut, anyway bye bye

• Being a good girl doesn't equate to keeping your virginity and refusing drugs. To be honest, you sound boring, not for your virginity but like a really boring person.

This take also sounds like a guy wrote it, trying to make women think girls like you actually exist, there's nothing special about never doing drugs and never getting laid really.

Same guys telling you that you're a dream girl would be so sad with somebody like you, your energy is so bland. Work on you character.

• You don't have to be a sloot to have character.

• @Langseax Okay future confused man and habitual pussy buyer.

• I was a good girl too back in the days lol. At 22, I was a virgin who never touched drugs and didn't wear any make up. I was a flirt but didn't have sex with any of my boyfriends then. I had fun with guys when I was single. I can be a bad girl too if I want. Only one boyfriend cheated on me because I didn't give up my V card. I was a loyal and loving girlfriend.

• Love the love you live.

• It's not exactly clear in your entry on what the question or the point of this message was. If this entry was to define what a "good girl" is in this day in age, i'd have to respectfully disagree. I believe a "good girl" in this day in age would be identified by her kind, considerate and giving heart with no expectations, as well as, thinking of others before herself.

If the point of your entry was because you want friends or more friends, i'd suggest getting involved in your universities or volunteer groups that you have an interest in. If you do work, work friends are always a hit or miss and I wouldn't necessarily expect much from work friends.

Otherwise, good for you that you can express the things that you know you want and don't want. It's good practice in helping you to define and build up your self-concept and self-esteem.

Personally, I smoke weed with my friends and I really enjoy it. I wouldn't think to shun you because you chose not to, that sounds beyond ridiculous and unreasonable. Same with you actively choosing to be a virgin, that shouldn't matter to anyone. You are not an object where your sex status defines you. Maybe there is another reason that people avoid you?
    Good luck, darlin'.

• Congratulations?

• That's good.

• It doesn't matter what you are, the key is to be yourself only for you. When you stop placing your value in other people's hands you're free!

• Also I know it's hard in today's dating climate because although guys claim they want a good girl many just do for quick sex with other girls, but I promise you it will get better as you get older so hold true to your own values! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

• @zzzondarrr thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• This right here! I don't know why we have to demonize people who are not defined as "good". Everyone is different.

The importance is to be true to yourself and do what feels right to you. :)