I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

So, as my title says i'm what you would describe as a good girl. I know, how boring, but it's true. To be honest it's difficult being a good girl, with everyone either having sex or doing drugs, etc... And here I am doing none of those things. I feel like sometimes it's difficult to make friends, because of it. Sometimes when I tell people, "Oh, you're a virgin," etc... And then they won't talk to me again. LOL. I honestly find it hilarious at times when they do actually stop talking to me, because I mean really?! Just because of that you don't want to be friends? Okay, you're loss.

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

So, yeah, I'm a twenty four year old virgin. And no, it's not because of religion or wanting to wait until marriage, or even guys not wanting to do it with me, because hey I get asked to hook up a lot. And my answer is always the same, no. I just want my first time to be with someone i'm in love with and trust completely. I've had terrible luck in love, and it's not for the lack of trying. I've had four boyfriends and two loves already. They just haven't worked out.

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

And I also never do drugs, never have, never will. Again, nothing to do with religion or whatever, I just hate the thought of putting something made with rat poison into my mouth. Disgusting. I've been offered some in the past, and I passed. Plus the smell is just awful.

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

I've also never cheated on my partners before. Though, I've had two who cheated on me. I broke of those relationships as soon as I heard. But i've never done it myself and I don't plan to. I want to be with a guy that I love and who loves for the rest of our lives. And I guess that makes me a good girl right there. I've just never had the desire to be with more than one person at a time, one person is definitely enough for me. Thanks.

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

I also don't like to wear makeup much. I prefer the natural look. Yeah, sure, without makeup I look dull probably. But I don't really care. I only wear makeup on special occasions or on dates. And before you ask, I am feminine. I love dresses and skirts and all those pretty clothes and hair accessories, I just prefer to look natural.

I'm a "Good Girl" In This Day and Age

I could go on and on about it, but nah. By your definition, I am a good girl. Sometimes I wish I wasn't, because it can get a bit lonely and boring. But I am what I am. I'm not going to change myself to become someone i'm not just for the sake of it. And I hope that one day i'll meet my one true love and be happy. But for right now, I guess i'll continue to be "the good girl".

2242

Most Helpful Guy

• 😍 You are like the soulmate I never met 😍
    If only we met like 7+ years ago. You are one unique woman. Can't find ladies like you these days. I have always been the 'Nice Guy' type which no one seems to have interest in. Except, I never put enough effort into it. Never kissed, never dated. Gave up.
    It's weird how many people consider us boring, loser, weird, messed up, etc. There is nothing wrong with making our own decisions on how to live, sticking to traditions, beliefs, etc. Right? Right! The opportunities go down by a significant amount but still possible. Don't give up your desires and keep rolling. It is tough and lonely at times. I definitely feel that. I don't mean to bring you down but be sure to have everything planned ahead in case it never happens. You don't wanna waste your life searching and nothing else. Have your education, finances, career, home, etc. ready to survive a lifetime.
    ☺ Thank you for sharing. I wish you the best ☺

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh, im. I'm fortunate enough to have friends that accept me for the way I am. I know I'm younger, but I've learned that being the "good girl" is a great thing, and majority of my friends and family tell me that I should stay the way that I am because we are rare in this world now a days lol. Not to down on anything others are doing because they can live how they chose too, however I

• Sorry that came out wrong lol. I was basically saying I'm in the same situation as you, (I'm 18 btw). I've learned to accept, and be proud of myself for my choices with the help of others. I know it's hard. We've all been tempted at one point, but it's just not in us to do so and we can't help it. I'm glad to finally hear someone else is in the same position as me and following through with it.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 41

• Well you are pretty much the ideal woman of about every real men (and not grown up boys) out there, sometime you will find a good partner that will respect, appreciate and honours your values, till there, just keep living up to your ideals and let the metoo generation fuck themselves up with their shit.

• Well you are the woman men dream of. Wait for what you want. You are doing great. How does your sexual status come up anyway?

• They start talking about sex and then ask me how many guys i've slept with, etc...

• @janeyjaney What is all this about?

• @janeyjaney No, I feel bad for you.

• I don't know you but from you're mytake I probably wouldn't want to be around you either just from the simple fact that you call yourself "good". "Good", "bad" and titles like thst should never be self-imposed and to be honest, you sound arrogant. I mean, you're literally doing the bare minimum to be a decent human, nothing to brag about. And honestly, I knew a girl like you, an ex actually, and she was the person who was the most bitter, judgmental, arrogant, entitled and played the most games. And nobody wanted to be her friend either. I think you need to look at your actual interactions with people and stop being so hung up on being "a good girl" and worry about being yourself and playing the victim. As far as the relationships you mentioned, obviously, you didn't give any details about them so I can't comment on specifics but you saying that you had 4 boyfriends but none them worked sounds fishy to me. Besides the ones who cheated on you, it sounds like you would be the type of person to put someone on a pedestal and give them all thes impossibly high standards that you don't even measure up to so you break up at even the slightest infraction cause you're expecting perfection/fantasy, not reality or a connection.
    Again, this is only the impression I got, you didn't give enough details on your life but I still think you need to do some self reflection

• Why did the counter article "Why Be Good When You Can Be Bad?" get featured but this didn't?

It's a great mentality to have. Don't waste your youth though. By which I mean, get out there and find the love of your life :D Youth is very attractive.

• I can relate to this... I'm 23 and don't do drugs, I don't drink a ton and I'm not just sleeping around with girls. Girls in this day and age consider me a "boring" guy. I always wonder where the "good" girls are, but I sometimes try to figure out what "good" actually is. As boring as it may seem, stay the way you are... you're the kind of girl I need. You'll find someone special eventually :)

• Please never change. We need more good "Men and Women".

• Good girls 👌 it’s hard to find a loyal girl now I should know I’ve been cheated on 3 or 4 times I lost count it’s bullshit I just want to be treated good because I’m a nice guy I’m protective over the girl I love but I can’t have what i want right 😞I just want a girlfriend that loves me and that I can love wholeheartedly and plus I’ve never had the thought of cheating and plus I’m a nice guy I do smoke weed but that’s to mellow out the pain i feel from being cheated on and I drink to remember the past when I was a baby and had no concern in the world but now I’m 16 almost 17 and I’m forced to deal with the world right now but I’ll keep fighting I won’t stop and I want to find the perfect girl who loves me because she deserves someone better than these slimy dirtbags and I want to wake up next to her kiss her everyday and make her feel loved and of course be her dominant man 😈 and I want to make her dinner, breakfast and lunch and then do small but loveable gestures 😊 and then when we go to sleep make sure she is happy and protect her from all the guys who just want to use and abuse her I know I’m just rambling on but this is genuinely how I feel you can say I sound feminine but I’m not this is just how I feel being raised by a mom alone pretty much Dad was a dick and left me and my step dad is even worse so I’ve always been taught to respect women

• Downside about me is I’ve had sex but never had a kiss 😒and plus I’ve never cuddled and I always wanted to after I had sex but they just left 👿I just wish I could be a Virgin again

• Agreed with everything you said and keeping your values nowadays can get a bit rough and feel kinda lonely , but great people are unique and not a lot of people are like them

• wow, that was great, i was worried if there are still good girls out there. i hope every one of us can find people like you. and i understand what you just wrote because i am 26 and i chose that life myself too. i hope you find your one and only.

• Don't change, guys will appreciate a girl like you.

• Show more from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 21

• I'm not hating cause I'm also what you qualify as a "good girl" but in my opinion doing all that doesn't make you a good girl. Sure those girls that sleep around and stuff are bad girls but I think that those qualities you listed only makes you a normal girl. You don't do anything bad but at the same time you aren't doing anything good.
    For me, a good girl would be someone who is hardworking in their work or studies. Who is nice and good. They take care and worry about others as well as help others. They are polite too. That's what makes a good girl, they give more than the average humans.
    Actually a perfect example of this would be my older sister (she's a person I look up to) she was nice, if my mom needed to go somewhere or do something she could always rely on my sister. My sister was a good translator and helped family members who didn't know English well out. She took care of my grandpa while almost none of my cousins or uncles and aunts wanted to. She worked hard at her studies and her job and was responsible. Lastly she was also a great person in general and fun to be around. If what you said counted as being a "good girl" then all I can say is humanity is doomed. Pretty disappointed in what defines a good girl now a days.
    Also two points I want to make is that like you said good girls aren't boring, they can still have fun even if they aren't stuffing their body with poison or partying. Though I disagree that people will not want to be friends with good girls. I'm what you define as a good girl yet people don't avoid me. I think it may be other parts of your personality that doesn't fit in. Because I don't quite fit in well as I can't hang out with my friends often and I'm not as interested in topics that interest them. (They are also good girls)

• There needs to be more girls like you. I wouldn't say having had sex or wearing make up would make a girl bad but it does make a difference between pure and not. Having a lot of sex with multiple guys puts some one under the bad girl line. You're innocent. You have morals and expectations that aren't taken seriously by women today and even some men.

• Hey another good girl here :) Im 20 and still virgin and I even haven't experienced my first kiss lol XD and I don't do drugs or drink so much. I used to wish that I was bad girl because I wanted to be cool. But now I'm fine being like this. So yes, don't change yourself, accept yourself as who you are!

• "I've had four boyfriends and two loves already. They just haven't worked out."
    .
    .
    .
    Two loves?
    Neither was love
    •If it was love you would still be together.
    •If it was love you wouldn't realise😜
    •True love never happens twice.

• It's good digging hun

• I was in love and my two loves weren't my boyfriends. There are reasons that people who are in love don't work out, etc... And true love does happen more than once, I can attest to that

• True love is overrated girls you just find someone similar to you to share your human interactions with and someone to care about but that " true love fantasy " is basically a mix of lust and passion which they fade with time and routine

• I'm not judging you her, but your life just sounds so boring to me. You're missing out on a ton, but each to their own.

• Maybe all that stuff she's missing out is actually bad and good to be avoided?

• @JulieXO "Not judging", except for the giant mytake you just wrote in response to this one.

• @ericclayton I was sharing my opinion on this matter, which happens to be the absolute opposite of this one. My intention was neither to judge nor to belittle her for the way she is.

• I relate to this so much. Sometimes its hard for me to be friends with people who do all those things as well because I feel like the different one and can't relate to anything they are talking about.

• Same! I'm considered a good girl too cause I'm a 16-year-old virgin who has never cheated, doesn't lie, don't do drugs (in fact I`ve passed my very uncle on that offer.), and I'm almost always kind and positive.

• I'm also a virgin and I never did drugs before. Unlike you, I've never been in a relationship before. I do only wear makeup on special occasions cause if I wear it everyday i feel like i'll run out of it.
    I'm a 'good girl' too I guess but I feel like I'm missing out on so much. I want to change all of this next year

• Lol, why change, don't you think all that stuff u're missing out is actually bad and good to be avoided?

• @effyourfeelings Don't change. You'll be fine.

• Im somewhat similar but I have differences though and I guess being a good girl in my past and still currently has not helped me a lot to have firends or even date or have boyfriend. s In a way for me it had backfired me being so good but I am against being a bad girl either. I dotn smoke, never doen drugs in my past not even for curiosity, I have few few Friends, I hardly go out socially, I dont have a boyfriend or never dated in the past.

• I don't think it's that unusual or weird or bad. I was like this until I was 25 and a friend wanted to try weed (and eventually took my virginity by force).

I always thought I was alone in my bubble, but I've met a lot of similar people over the last few years. I don't think it's a bad thing, I planned to never change and I was extremely happy with who I was, but it was also nice to experience new things and have meaningful experiences, even if they weren't all good. But anything you do should be because you want to do it and you think it's beneficial to you somehow. I never felt lonely and never felt boring, I thought I was great and I loved my company. There's nothing worse than being reliant on other people to feel good.

• Show more from Girls
    11