Tall - Short Dating Struggles

This is mytake explaining struggles of a tall guy dating a short girl. Those struggles can be gender neutral but this is from a guy's perspective. I don't claim that "Tall guys are attracted to short girls" because for me irrespective of being tall, I don't find short girls more attractive than others. So let's begin!

1) Awkward Standing Kisses

It gets very difficult to kiss your girl in public. She needs some serious skills to do that. It also gets too much awkward when others seeing it. You can see in the picture. It is almost impossible to kiss with both standing straight.

Mirrors!

It is difficult to use the same mirror for both because 1ft bathroom mirrors are not available in the market. It can be convenient for either one at a time. So what you do is using a bedroom mirror in bathroom or using two separate mirrors

Messed up photos

Standing together can make her look like a kid

It is not abnormal to hear "Dude, is she your girlfriend or your daughter?"

People's Comments

this one is very common. I don't understand the reason. Are they jealous or something?People always ask why you picked someone “so tall” or “so short,” as if you chose each other because of the height difference. It sounds like height digger similar to a gold digger. Sometimes comments are tolerable like one mentioned above but they can be mean as well.

Recommended take: Why are Tall Boys Attracted to Short Girls? by @Being_a_Good_Indian

Thanks for reading! (or looking at it)

1412

Most Helpful Girl

• The tall guys have always ended up with short girls in my specific point of view (not saying that this applies to every single person on the planet) All my cousins are really tall like over 6'3 and they're girlfriends are none over 5'5. Also in my friends, most of them have big height differences, which isn't something uncommon because girls are generally short from where I'm from. I also understand that it's about preference because even though you might not be looking for a tall guy to date, if they have some height on you it's always very appreciated. I am considered tall in comparison to my friends because the majority of them rank from 5'0 - 5'5 but I'm really not that tall. I do have to say that I would prefer a guy that's taller than me even by just an inch or maybe half an inch, but it's just personal preference. I also wouldn't look good with a short guy...

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 13

• I have been with tall guys up to 6'1 and I am only 4'11. I never have problems with us going out or kissing or whatever together. Just be creative lol. The best thing about being short, I always get mistaken as a younger person than my real age. I got mistaken one time as my man's daughter lol. OMG it was funny.

• I think if the man is tall and the woman small the other problem will be that his dick is also to big what can be hurtfull for the woman. So yeah there are endless problem in this case you have to deal with that I would not recognment to have such relationship.

• I feel the same, as a girl. Being 158 cm and worse, having a childish face too, makes me feel like a middle schooler next to a guy taller than 175cm.
    I actually have a preference for guys that are less than 180cm. I like to feel like an actual woman next to my partner.
    I went to parties where even after wearing 10cm heels, I couldnt reach the height of the shortest guys.

• I'm 5 ft and I've only dated 6ft and taller. I love being a lot shorter than my man. It feels good. I don't feel the awkwardness. The only question I've ever had someone asked me is how y'all have sex? I would say "the same way you do. o_0"
    All the guys I've dated have only been with short girls so apparently thats what they prefer.
    I can understand if that's not what you're into but it's not always on peoples minds like it seems to be on yours.
    The kissing pics at the top that are supposed to be awkward are so sweet to me.

• Hahaha! I can definitely relate! I'm only 5'1" and the guy I'm seeing is just over 6'. I have to stand on my tippy toes, and even then its a struggle. But I like when he picks me up to kiss me. Makes me feel special :)

• Height digger 😂😂😂

• Shakira is freaking 5'2" and Pique is 6'5". How the hell does it even happen

• Barcelona perks

• @TheUglyMonk that also has to do with age difference! They would obviously look like father and daughter.

• We're all the same height lying down! I'm 6'-4 and the women I've been with have been from 5'-2 to 6'-2, and it has all been great. When we're lying down, we're not thinking about our heights.

• Ahahaha, I'm under 5 foot and though I've only dated 2 guys, I hella understand you

• Yup, those struggles are real.

• I'd give anything to be short , even with those struggles . Damn fck my genetics.

• I still prefer to date guys taller than me.

• Judgements are worse considering im a girl dating a shorter guy

• thanks god i am not short!

What Guys Said 11

• If you’re tall, give your shorter partner the advantage by standing on lower terrain whenever possible. If you’re in the early stages of a relationship and/or your partner is self-conscious, try to do this inconspicuously. For a sexy pose, spread your legs and lower yourself on a wall, letting your feet grip the ground and your partner stand between your legs. This will let both of you interact on more or less even footing. However this should only be done when you feel that you are in an intimate enough relationship. Alternatively, rest your weight on one foot away from the wall, lean back, and bend the other knee to strike a cool, James Dean pose. Note that this will leave your partner to do most of the work.

i.pinimg.com/.../...a354c3953a2fb96765a3385124.jpg

If you are planning for long term relationship and love the Girl Opinion of other people should not matter.

Some tall guys love to protect them.

httpss://www. girlsaskguys. com/dating/a50854-why-are-tall-boys-attracted-to-short-girls

• Alright so this may come across as nonsensical or even sound a bit illogical, I'm simply to going to try to explain my reasoning the best I can.

So here goes, in my honestly opinion I love the thought of having a short girlfriend. From the few past girlfriends I have had over the years (last girlfriend was about 15 years ago), 3 were short and one or two were my height. The shorter girls for what ever reason seemed to have this extra giddy energy, almost as though simply by being shorter they held onto their youthful energy.

Or perhaps it was that I subconsciously thought they were cuter being on the shorter side. Because the girlfriends that were my height, seemed to have slightly less giddy energy.

The more I try to think of a logical rational explanation for liking short girls, the less it makes sense. Because I've seen videos of normal height girls with normal height guys and those girls are just as giddy, cute, pretty, and energetic as short girls.

I suppose when it comes down to it, just date who you're attracted to whether they are shorter or taller than you, (or the same height). Because love isn't really about logic, it's about shared interests, chemistry, communication, and being there for each other.

• XD. Looks like they both need two mirrors there.

• Just date a tall girl

• Put her on stilts she will be fine.

• I love short girls!!!

• good take

• Try being a short guy. Women won't even consider you as potential partner.

• None of these make any fucking sense.

• Why do 99.99% of woman who are short or tall say i want a tall guy but never date a short guy I mean are ya that self centered. Ya think short men are demons or disfigured humans?

• I don't know where your statistic came from, but im dating a guy shorter than me

• where I live, seems like everybody's dating someone at least a foot different in height than them. it's kinda crazy but kinda cool.