Some Secrets Every Woman Should Know About Dating

We think we know it all. We hate playing games even if men are the players. But in the beginning of everything, there are rules that always help girls have the power.

Power to decide, to feel valued, to do the right moves.

Power to make players lose the game. And make them love it.

1. Flirt a lot!

Never let yourself fall for someone until you are sure he feels the same way. That's why you need always have plans B, C, D, etc. Good for self esteem, great for making him see you aren't desperate.

2. Never date someone with different values.

Opposites may attract each other but it never lasts. Be smart.

3. People always say we never should buy food if we are hungry.

It may sound crazy but if you are really into this guy and don't want to be intimate too soon...touch yourself before.

4. If he's sending mixed signals or not giving you the attention you deserve, dump him!

5. If he invites you on a date, observe the place he takes you.

And never accept dates during the week or short notice invitations. If he calls you late at night, don't answer. You know why.

"Being powerful is to know you don't date because you need someone; you date when you want someone."

1225

Most Helpful Guy

• How high maintenance are you?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I don;t think this girl is high maintenance. I think she just respects herself and doesn't want to make stupid mistakes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm starting to find someone. I'm 23 and I'm not getting any younger. I'm gonna be going to college for two years, hopefully in the right career path, so I wanna be able to settle down once I find a good decent job. And I agree with these. You should only find someone to date when you actually want someone to date, not when you think you need someone. That's a very important thing to realize and I needed to realize that too.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

• HA HA HA I DIG IT!

• "Secrets"

Those aren't secrets. Those sound like a recipe for a series dating failure.

Anyway I will debunk that:
    1. You say you hate games in the beginning. Right here you suggest to do the same sort of. Riiight... Failure number 1. And the hypocrisy in this one is just ugh.

2. How do *you* know?

3. I have never heard that. I fail to see how that can be useful in dating. I don't even function with an empty stomach.

4. Mixed signals? You're making a mistake. What even are these?

5. And yeah, like someone else said...
    media.giphy.com/media/WYCv1vpB9wYGQ/giphy.gif
    straightfromthea.com/.../...e29daff2b2c3d95b85.gif

I do however understand, that it's not appealing when the calls are coming at an inconvenient time like late at nights or sudden/unexpected changes happen like on last minute.

But why do people have to listen to any of this? Why not let people date who they want, when they want and how they want?

• 1) good idea if you’re looking to meet someone.
    2) I don’t think feelings work that way. However you need to be ready to move on if someone isn’t into you -even if you fell for them-. If you build walls around yourself you will never connect to anyone. Real maturity means being vulnerable but strong enough to walk away even when it hurts.
    3) probably even better advice for some men. On the other hand if you tend to be too shy you can use that charge to be more aggressive. Depends what you need.
    4) yup
    5 a) observe the place he takes you and midweek dates? No that’s BS. A girl who is only available weekends I’d walk away. My female cousin actually wouldn’t go out with guys for first dates on weekends. She was like “eh if I don’t know you we can have a midweek drink and then see”. But yes a booty call is a booty call not a step to dating.

None of this is playing games. It’s actually being direct and clear about what you want and moving on if you’re not finding it.

Most men hate playing games. Only a few like it. My impression is more women like it as they tend to find drama = passion.

• "Flirt a lot!"

Okay I agree that it's good not to just focus on one person, but if you're already on a 3rd, 4th, 5th date then you should definitely not be seeing other people, unless the guy is doing the exact same thing. Personally that'd put me off if we're starting to actually see each other and she's still talking and meeting other guys. = Ditching that one.

"If he's sending mixed signals or not giving you the attention you deserve, dump him!"

This is kind of bullshit, first thing is that women send or at least think they are sending men signals which we do not understand. So mixed signals is a trait that is in both men and women and chances are is that they're both sending mixed signals, especially if #1 is going on.
    The part about the attention; What does that mean? Men tend to have jobs, studies, and other shit they need to do, often a man cannot provide much attention for periods of time. If you'd dump him because of a gap of attention then it's obviously a weak relationship. How would your relationship ever survive if you were separated for a month or half a year or however long? Then it wouldn't, thus a relationship based of a foundation of dog shit.

"If he invites you on a date, observe the place he takes you."
    The details weren't exactly related to the title, which makes me question whether or not a second message of this is; does he take me to a good restaurant or to a cheap one?

Otherwise I agree with the rest.
    GG.

• Imma copy paste your question and break down what I find fit and not.

1. Flirt a lot!

((flirting is good, in fact you can flirt with all the guys you like))

Never let yourself fall for someone until you are sure he feels the same way.

((be honest it's a safe spot, prevent yourself from heartbreak to in response maybe loose an opportunity. this is poorly worded, liking the presence of someone has to be shown. getting blinded by love on the other hand is a foolish emotional action which most of the time may get you hurt in the process))

That's why you need always have plans B, C, D, etc. Good for self esteem, great for making him see you aren't desperate.

((not that it would make you less desperate, it would make you look more for the actual value of the person you talk to instead of living with what you get. a clearer sight about who's in front of you is always neat))

((disagree, because when someone views things differently you have to respect it as much as your view have been))

((nonsense))
    It may sound crazy but if you are really into this guy and don't want to be intimate too soon... touch yourself before.

((good, I do it like all the time))

((reflect on what you did and how you could've affected how he reacts towards you. jumping to such conclusions too quick will get you nowhere))

((not during the week? strange cause I have the free time even tho I work but well. what is late at night for you? 11pm? maybe he wants to hear your voice and proly drunk in a bar so what's the deal))

• 1. That's why you need always have plans B, C, D, etc.
    -Game playing

Agreed

Bullshit. Everyone gets busy and life gets in the way.
    Gold digger

• I find it strange that women genuinely need this stuff written out... like y'all really aren't being taught this stuff and it kind of scares me. Modern dating is truly a shit show!

• Can you elaborate on #4? I think I understand what you are saying, I just don't want to misunderstand you. I think that you are saying that if your showing interest in him and he's not putting forth an effort, then you should dump him?

• Ah, such lame cookie cutter stereotypical bs from someone who thinks they know it all.
    Don't pollute other women's lives with this.

• Anyone else think we're all going to get dumped on the first date if we go out with this chick.

• Telling most women to "flirt a lot" is actually gonna lead to them playing hard to get, which is annoying and stupid.

• I love this type of "myTakes" where you read the first point and you can already stop.

• decent women will be decnet, hoey ones will be hoes, and the the amateurs with no experience will get it one way or another, these kind of takes for men and women are what ruined it, your mom and dad told you to not f*Ck boys, for a very good reason , just follow what they said and you will be fine, be able to cook, be decent, dont sleep around and jump on every guy that says hi, but dont be that b*tch that thinks she's somekind of badas for talking to 5 dudes at once... guess what, chances are at least 3 of them asked about you, know your kind and are in it for some fun only.

decent people dont need advice really

• Useful information.

• Seems like you're on a train to dumpvile.

• Why did you reveal the secrets?

• Lol only guys respond

• Ummm no

• 1 and 5 are soooooo wrong

"You know why."

• These guess aren't secrets anymore loool

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 11

• @all ladies:

The secret isn't following such vague "guidelines" - but rather to simply:

- Be you, bravely - unapologetically; but keep in mind, the guy you're out with also reserves the right to be himself 100%.
    - We are ALL responsible for our own intelligence ---- stop blaming your ex, your parents, people, situations, etc, for your loss of control in your life...
    - Respect is earned (you can't expect it if you've no intention on giving it --- this is a fact for all people)

P. S. the expression is "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" And it's an expression used for women and men who only want someone for sex - like "why do I need to commit when it's so easy to hook up with you..." which, if you easily sleep with others, it's going to be a Pain in the ass finding someone who wants something more than a piece of add because that's how YOU define the standards of dating you...

If you put yourself out there quickly and freely, then who wants to commit to that? I mean, for real...

• can't be much of a secret if its posted on gag. ;)

i think being honest with yourself about what is important to you and ACTING like it. meaning dont do things to sabotage your interest and dont jump to conclusions about a situation you dk much at important thing

i saw very littler in there about communicating which is the most important thing.

this isa kind of defensive list and whether a person wants a relationship or needs one is their business. you dont suddenly not respect yourself bc you need sleep or food or to move or to get out of the house. needing things is part of life. we get manipulated when we ignore how we feel not when we recognize it and act in support of what we need.

nothing anyone does guy or woman, in the first week is going to tell you how to feel about them let alone if you resect yourself.

i say get to know them openly and if you are honest and genuine and they play games, move on. but not without the honest and genuine part from you first. people are quick to assume anytime they are confused its a game.

also not everyone works weekdays and has weekends off. only dating on weekend doesn't work if thats when your double shifts are.

and if someone asks you out last minute and you have a problem with it tell them, but dont not hang out and have a potentially nice time bc they did something they didn't know you dont like. sometimes people ask last minute bc they are nervous. i would not drop a person just bc of this. and if you just decline for no reason they will think you dont like them, tuis games begin. life is short. if you meet someone you like communication over arbitrary rules, they will appreciate it if they are not a player, and if they are you'll find out soon enough.

• I agree with everything except "And never accept dates during the week"

I wouldn't expect a guy to take me on a first date on a weekend. Expecting him to give up his weekend for a stranger seems a bit narcissistic

• I repeat, girls.

I did and it was awful. Don't do the same mistake as I did. Gosh, when I dumped him I felt like I got rid of a huge weight off of my chest. I didn't feel heartbroken. I felt relieved.

• I will flirt only with him. I'm not a slut or a cheater

• I'm confused about what you mean by number 3. But I agree with all the other points.

• I'd like to not think of any rules.

• Please do as u think.

• Okay thanks

• Good tips.

• I like the last line...