1 mo

Why life is far bigger than the chase

jennifer_bloom
Why life is far bigger than the chase

I think in life, people are constantly chasing after things they don’t want, because they don’t have the life experience to realize that they don’t actually want it. It’s like when you spend years begging your girlfriend to let you buy a dog and realize within 2 days that you are allergic to dogs. Or when you spend months trying to attract somebody only to realize that person is a very bad person and you never wanted them in the first place.

Have you ever gone on a vacation somewhere and than once you got there, you realized it was far less enjoyable that you pictured in your head? Have you ever saved up to buy something thinking it would give you the life of your dreams and than once you got that thing, you never used it?

The fact is many men and woman chase after people and things they do not actually want because since they never got the thing they are chasing, they don’t have the insight to realize the thing they want won’t actually make them happy.

I’ve encountered this type of situation multiple times. Everything from chasing a guy I realized I did not like. To chasing money I realized did not make me happy. To chasing food I realized did not taste that good. To chasing a friendship I realize I did not enjoy.

So make sure you are feeding your soul and spirit and not your body and flesh cause the flesh does not ever feel satisfied, it only primes your to do more chasing under the delusion the useless item can make you happy.

Why life is far bigger than the chase
16
10
10Girl Opinion
16Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous
    Some of us got tired of the chase. You can't make someone like you. Find out who likes you, and take it from there.
    Like 6 People
    Is this still revelant?
  • captain_voidwalker
    The ignorant chase the things they want, the wise build the things they want
    Like 3 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1014
  • aintnocandle
    Yeah I think you just described what I’m doing with a guy now... I’m chasing him and I recently asked myself why? And it’s not worth it and I don’t even know if I want him anymore, yet the chase ensues...
    Like 1 Person
  • Pumpkinspice009
    You’re absolutely right, many of us chase after things we don’t even need, but that might be cuz of the fact we humans have to occupy our life, that’s why we have to do these sort of things to give ourselves some reason to live and continue I think.
    Like 1 Person
  • Laura456
    Yes, life is definitely bigger than the chase. I have chased guys time and time again only to realise that they're not even my type. I always end up with the same conclusion, I can reach my full potential if I am not in a relationship. Maybe it's just the type of people that I am meeting right now. Sick and tired of chasing to be honest. I am going to let things take its natural course.
  • Quigly
    A culture of desire and abandonment. You are influenced to like things all around you by the media and then gain the experience that it's not really what you are looking for.

The media promotes the loser as the winner and the winner as the loser.
    Like 2 People
  • snowgirl123
    I think that when we see something or someone we find interesting there's always a possibility we will end up happy if we get to have them in our lives or we end up sad if they are not what we pictured. I always think it is best to make a research and figure out if what we want is truly what we need and will make us happy before diving in completely. and also to be ready to de rejected and leave as soon as we see something wrong. sometimes we chase after people and things for too long, even if we see they are much more harmful than good to us. the best thing to do is protect ourselves and go slow, and know that if who or what we want is best to stay away from, there so much more out there, and that we are only at the beginning of our lives. life is supposed to be made out of attempts, of many failures, but also many accomplishments. how can we be happy if we don't try? we will never get anywhere.
    Like 3 People
  • whosnumber1
    we always want 20 percent more than what we have. sometimes it takes skill to just enjoy what you have.
    Like 2 People
  • DaveJord
    The old "grass is green on the other side" and then "you didn't know what you had until it was good" analogies.
    Like 1 Person
  • dwiller943
    Chasing gets what you want, but sometimes we want what we want to chase us for once. Sometime we want our karma given to us. But sadly, the world never works that way.
  • Zentralleuchte
    Guess i realized that the material worth of the things you need for a good life is damn cheap.
    The function of many things is their only value. See them as what they are. It's all the same. People might ruin their lifes when they chase after material possessions they value in a dream world. Like nothing to reach, only effectively serving the rich. Another trap. What's so bad about a "boring" life.
  • AviatorTom
    My father used to tell people that he chased the woman who eventually became his wife until she caught him. :-)
  • DiegoO
    Totally agree. Is not the samething to want, than to need, and to yearn, than to seek.

*I can want a truck, but do I need a truck?

*I can seek for marriage, but do I really yearn for it?
    Like 1 Person
  • TheorionMage
    Ever watch a neighborhood dog intuitively chase a car?
    Its really "all about" what the hell will YOU DO once you've 'caught' it?

MUCH the same may be said those bar room 'Romeo's
    hooking-up's and counting coup...
    "Tell me NOT of HOW MANY maidens you've bedded, but INSTEAD
    how many welcomed you BACK for an encore...
    the FIRST time was (most often prolonged strong drink ) and 'salesmanship' BUT...
    the 'encore' return engagement speak to your 'craftsmanship' ;)
  • MotorcycleMan
    So true that often wanting is better than having. We get so distracted by wants, that we don't realize we already have everything we need.

It reminds me of the story about a lawyer who goes fishing in Mexico. He has such a great time spending the day fishing and is so impressed with the operation that he tells the owner that he should expand his business and buy more boats. The owner says "Why would I do that? Then I would have to manage all of the boats." and the lawyer tells him that he could grow the business larger and make a lot more money of course, and he could hire people to do the work for him. The owner asked why he would do that and the lawyer again explains that he could expand, make more money, hire other people to do the work and then take some time off to do the things he liked, and then asked "What do you like to do?" and the owner said "I like to fish all day. I do that now."
  • exitseven
    The chase must satisfy some leftover part of our evolution. Why else would anyone put up with all that crap?
  • shaysh87
    I really don't think that its true at all. I think that most people want things that they know WIILL make them happy. But its just that these things are very difficult to obtain or achieve. For example, many people want to find a husband and get married. They expect to meet the ideal person and have the fairy tale romance. Often times, many people never ever meet their ideal person their entire lives. And if they do end up meeting someone, the relationship is nothing close to being a fairy tale romance.
  • ChiPaPa
    I gave up chasing in general. It was a wasted endeavor.
    Like 1 Person
  • beautyluv221

Nice to meet you,
    please i will like you to
    contact me at my private email
    ( kennedyclaudiaj@gmail. com)
  • sunshineglow
    Finally the post I can completely agree on.
    Like 1 Person
  • WowwGirl
    I love the chase
    Like 1 Person
  • Surely
    Well said!
    Like 1 Person
  • Show More (4)