My ex was divorced for about a year - he was with his ex for a total of 14 years and was married for 4 of them. I think he was still hung up on her. Here are my clues:
1) he talks about her angrily
2) when I mention that "you can't go back to an ex" or say "she didn't want to be a wife", he gets quiet and melancholy
3) he invited her and her cousin to Easter dinner since they are Italian and have no family here?
4) he helped her move to her new apartment and called her when he needed a favor
5) he never seemed really into our relationship and was very non committal
Most Helpful Girl
He's 'More than still hung Up on his Ex,' sweetie... He Is most likely still in love with her. And you are what I call a "Rebound Rebecca' for him.
By him even Mentioning her name, shouting it Out at the top of his lungs, and is Still even 'Moving and grooving' with her, tells me he hasn't licked any of his wounds, and has you as his 'Stand by',' having his sweet ass cake and eating it too.
He's Not Ready for Any 'Relationship,' let alone 'Non committal.' He still lives in the past, has this Ghost remaining in the eaves of his heart and Under his skin, and as long as That is going on Big Time, it's what I call a "Triangle Threesome," where you are at the very tip, looking down and around, at the both of them still in their Own World And----Relationship.
Sit this little pup down and have a pet talk with him soon. Stand your ground, being firm, Protect your turf, barking your Own orders Now. He has You now, can't have you Both in his doghouse, and tell him to either throw her away like yesterday's old bone, or take his leash and walk Out the door and go to her and to hell.
He's barking up the wrong tree, never giving thought to your feelings. And with what has been going On under your cute little nose or even Not-------He hasn't let the sleeping dogs lie.
Good luck. xx1
- Show AllShow Less