Let's say your intention was not for casual dating but to find a person to marry.
The average age gap for married couples in developed countries is like 2-3 years with the guy being older.
Guys, typically date younger girls as they get older, so guys would you date a woman older and if so how much older?
Women normally date older guys because they seem more mature, so women , would you date a younger guy and if so how much younger?
In the poll, if you are a female read the words in the parentheses.
- I'd only date someone my age or younger (older) as I'm a guy (woman).Vote A
- I'd only date someone 1 year older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).Vote B
- I'd only date someone 2 years older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).Vote C
- I'd only date someone 3 year older (younger) or less as I'm a guy (woman).Vote D
- I'd only date someone any years older (younger) as I'm a guy (woman).Vote E
Most Helpful Girl
My ex was 6 months younger than me, and I've been on dates with a couple guys who were about a year younger before. I've also dated up to 14 years older than me. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference lol age is just a number in a lot of cases when it comes to maturity. One of the guys a year younger was definitely more mature than the guy 14 years older.
One thing I have found though, is that the older guys are more looking for a relationship quicker than the younger ones. They also don't party as much, which is a plus. I'd prefer to date a man who is a few years older because I feel his lifestyle would be more fitting to what I'm looking for, and I'd trust him more as the "man" in the relationship. However as far as maturity? I haven't seen age as being much of a factor once you get past like 21.1