+1 y

Should I be worried about him texting his ex and not letting me read them when I ask because it's a violation of trust? Should I snoop anyway?

He and his ex were best friends for a few years, dated for a few years, and then fizzled out because of the long distance and a few other fights. But it was starting to get better right before he broke up with her (half to date me, half because it was a hard relationship). Important note: he /cheated on her/ with me for a day or two and then broke up with her. She went back and forth between telling him "you're awful" and "you're still my best friend" in the months following the breakup (when I was dating him). He's seen her a few times since to hang out together. She started dating around again. They're trying to be friends because they were so close for so long and she's got a rough situation right now. They're still texting. And I'm not expecting him to be completely over her just yet because their breakup as 6 months ago, but I'm expecting him to be decent to me and not make me feel like he's still after her. He's /expressed/ no interest in being with her again. But he texts her despite knowing how nervous it makes me. I asked if I could read the texts once and he was offended that I didn't trust him. I thought a fair compromise would be I won't get upset if he talks to her as long as there's transparency. He thought this was still a huge violation of trust. I understand the desire to remain friends because they were there for each other during the worst parts of their lives, but should I be worried that he doesn't want me to read the texts? Or is he justified in saying it's a violation of trust?

I want to snoop through his phone but that's nearly impossible to get away with. Should I try to do it anyway? I fear if I asked him for it he'd delete things first (I know I clearly don't trust him or her here but i would like to have reason to trust him and feel like seeing they're talking harmlessly would help). He'd be very upset if he knew I did that.
Worry
Don't Worry
GirlGuy
+1 y
He's very "if it's meant to be it will be" about everything. He applied that to her, too. If he's meant to be with her in the future then it will happen and there's no point in worrying over whether it might be or not because we don't know. I dislike that answer.
6
4