What is more taboo, older men dating younger women, or older women dating younger men?

I personally prefer older men, but that's just my preference.

• Older men
  • Older women
Select a gender to cast your vote:

66

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Older women.

Women in general seeking a more mature, relationship ready guy and men seeking women that have plenty of fertile years left makes it a much more common scenario.

• nothing of these 2

• Older men dating younger women is the most common.

• Child grooms are not as abundant as child brides around the world, and it was common practice for American men to take 8-9 year old wives in the days before our more modern age of consent laws.

It is more frowned upon now, for there to be big age gaps, at least speaking of the USA, due to the values of our predominately egalitarian culture.

Its not really taboo, because men are supposed to hold power and within a patriarchal society sexual relationships tend to contain a hierarchical power dynamic, so the idea of someone of lower status (a woman) would make a much more fitting subordinate than the other way around.

Just listen to pop music of the 50's through 80's "girl.. you'll be a woman soon"

If it was so taboo, there would not be so many representations of it in pop culture. They'd be banned.

• Older men who date younger women are definitely looked down on more than the reverse. People see an older woman dating a younger man and just smile but an older man dating a younger woman is seen as a pervert and a predator.

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's older women dating younger men.

• Older women is so weird that people have made a name for it. Men are so average that nobody has made a name for the man (they only make it for the girl dating the man)

• It seems more socially acceptable for an older man to date a young woman the an older woman & a young guy to date.

• I was also in2 older men, from age 17 up til 27. I'm now 30 and my fiancĂ© is 19 ;) I love it haha. I'd neva date an older bloke now, they aged me. To answer ur question tho, older women with a toyboy is more taboo. Society has come to terms with older men dating younger girls

• I prefer older guys but not too old

• Older women dating tougher men is seldom seen.