+1 y

I found out my boyfriend cheated on me and think I overreacted, I even slapped him. Do you think I did?

My friend told me that she saw my boyfriend kissing another girl at one of his fraternity parties. She said he was drunk and probably didn't know what he was doing. She went to the party on Saturday night and only told me about it at 7 on Sunday night. She is one my sorority sisters and closest friends so I was already a bit upset that she didn't tell me sooner. As soon as she told me about it I got into my car and sped to my boyfriends fraternity house, which is about 4 blocks away from my dorm. I spent my whole car ride there fuming and thinking about what an awful person he was.

So when I finally got there I walked to the house's door and knocked on it. His friend, Anderson, answered the door. Without even saying hi, I asked "Where's John?" and he being himself started laughing and said "God Payton" and then yelled "John come here" and I heard John saying "what is it?" from the living room. When I heard him I walked right past Anderson and stomped into the next room and saw john sitting on a couch with some other guys, he looked over and just said "Hey Payton, wasn't expecting you. Come here" and scooted over as if nothing ever happened and I walked over to him and said "john, please tell why the hell you were hooking up with some random girl last night?"and his face went from a smile to just a look of shock he stood and said"It was nothing, Payton" I was so mad and frustrated that I kind of raised my voice and said "John, who was the girl?"He didn't respond so I asked him again. And then he said"Come on Payton, sweetie, let's calm down."I then yelled "Don't you dare tell me to calm down. I asked who it was?"and he was being completely calm and he said how he didn't remember her name or something. So then I started to cry and he said "Look, I'm really sorry Payton. It won't happen again, okay?"and then he pulled me into a hug. And pushed him away and slapped him and then yelled "Don't ever touch me again!" and left.
Do y'all think that I really did overreact?
+1 y
I feel like my reaction was trashy and not at all calm or in line.
8
6