I'm 25 and have never dated..
I've come to a point where I'd like to at least, date and well be part of the "game".
Because my social circle is still pretty tiny where I live I decided to try online dating. I have a few questions though
-Do I have to put a picture where one can recognized me? because that would bother me
-I am studying in a town different from my hometown but I admit I'd be more interested in meeting guys from my hometown (first it's much bigger so there are more potential suitors and also I am over there for holidays and such..) Should I just focus on the town where I study and spend most of the week or?
- I am a virgin and I don't want to rush into sex. Do you think thisis somethign that should be said imediately?
And most importantly
What should I write in my profile not to look desperate or too snob? I am quite reserved and honestly do not like it when people say things like I am this type of person etc.. so. any idea?
If you have any other advice I'll gladly take them. thank you
Most Helpful Guy
I have dated and only done online dating. I mostly do Tinder and POF. com. I tried match. com and it was a HORRIBLE site so don't get sucked into that. I have been on a couple of others but POF and Tinder I find to be the best.
Honestly it doesn't sound like online is going to work for you because your not willing to do what is needed to make online dating work.
1) Current pictures are a MUST. most people will not even bother to reply to anyone that doesn't have a picture posted, and it needs to be a current picture (within last 2 years at worst). As a guy I have received messages from women with no picture. I have to immediately think "if she has to hide her face what else is she hiding?" also obviously there has to be attraction for any dating to work so the person needs to see you. If your not willing to put up a picture I would not bother with online dating as all your going to get is sex proposals.
2) you should concentrate in the area you spend the most time. Long distance usually doesn't work. Also, if you hit it off your going to want to see each other often so you need to be close.
3) as a woman 75% of the messages your going to get are going to be married sleezeballs, guys that are too young, wrong color, just looking for sex. you just need to accept it. It is unfortunate there are that many disgusting pigs out there but my sister told me this and just about every woman I have dated has said about the same. You have to trust your gut and know that there are good guys out there that are real gentleman. You need to be patient.
4) In your age range guys are not going to expect a virgin. So your going to have to have a discussion about expectations within say 4 dates. When adults date sex is usually considered "on the table " from the 3rd date on. I have gone on dates with 10 different women and I have had sex with 4. 3 of them I slept with on the 3rd date, the other was first date (long story).
ran out of room0