Why do girls get upset, when the guy does not buy them a drink at the bar?

My friend and I were having a conversation, and we happen to be surrounded by girls. We talked with them for awhile and ordered 2 drinks. We took our drinks and the girls thought we were buying them drinks and were upset. Is this an American thing?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• This is not an American thing lol I think the girls were just expecting it because you may have been flirting with her. The girls shouldn't have expected it tho.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• If you approach a girl at a bar and start talking to her yes you are supposed to buy them drinks.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We didn't approach the girls. We were sitting. They came to us.

• Yeah those are the girls to stay away from. They purposely go to bars without any money because they know the can get free drinks from guys