I like a girl (were both 16 years old), and i asked her on a "date". It actually isn't a date, were just going to chat for about 50 minutes in a cancelled hour in school. She said yes to the "date" by the way.
So i have a few questions:
1) Im always getting nervous when talking to her, and she noticed that im nervous, and dislikes it a bit. Our date will be on Monday, and im getting nervous now (saturday) already.. Normally when talking to ANYONE im not nervous, except when talking to her. Any tips for this?
2) I should compliment her right? Maybe this is a bit awkward but: she laughs a lot, and i really like her laugh (the sound of her laughing), so should i compliment her on that? Or would that be a bit awkward?
3) Got any more tips? ;)
Most Helpful Girl
1) don't be nervous. pretend she's a good friend. the more you guys talk, the easier it'll become.
2) compliment her!! I love when my boyfriend compliments me; it shows he really likes me.
3) make sure you are looking nice that day!1
Most Helpful Guy
You say that it isn't really a date, this is good. I find that when it comes to dating, our guards tend are up (especially for women). And if she doesn't think of this as a date, but rather, just hanging and chilling with a fellow student, she may not be too defensive. I have learned from personal experience, that if a girl is comfortable and feels no pressure or expectations from your end she will be very open. Women generally love to talk about themselves, so you may find that she will do most of the talking and you will just have to listen. But make sure you do listen. As far as settling your nerves go, make sure you are well rested, take deep breaths and remember that you are only talking to another human being. When you do start talking with her, try to keep your cool, and start with small talk and go from there, slow and steady wins the race, so they say. Hope this helps.1