This was my message:
Hey how's it going *her name*
I'm tryna think of something else to say other than you look gorgeous cos I'm assuming you get tons of similar messages lol
Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Would really like to chat to you and get to know you a little so don't hesitate to send me a message xx
Hope to hear from you soon :)
She read it 3 weeks later but she didn't respond :(
Did my message suck? Did it sound desperate? What's wrong with it?
I know it could be other things like she wasn't attracted to my looks or my profile was boring. But I just wanna know if that message was lame.
I'm really tempted to send a follow up message :/
Girls what do you think? / Guys what openers do you use?
Most Helpful Girl
Yeah it was a bad first message.
- Too long.
- Words like "tryna", "cos", "lol".
- No periods or questionmarks.
- You're talking about her looks.
- You say you want to introduce yourself but then you don't? (however first message shouldn't be an introduction of yourself anyway).
- You give the impression of being very insecure and even a bit socially awkward.
An do not message her again. Guy's who does are just very annoying. She's not interested, if she was she would've responded.
Most Helpful Guy
I always make some witty remark based on something on their profile. If I can't for some reason, I just talk about myself briefly, focusing on things that aren't already on my profile. I haven't gotten many replies either, but that's just the nature of the beast.
Also: chicks dig grammar.