Good looks aren't everything. But lots of single pretty girls, why?

The looks aren’t everything,you know" VS “A lot of pretty girls are single,because guys Assume they’re stuck up or taken,bitchy,out of his league,etc. “
….without even approaching them.
So, I’ve been reading these answers for a while here.Basically,how can we unite this two statements together,so maybe you can help me to understand:
Why in one case people insist in the fact that you need to know that person before judge them,but then same people judge pretty girls. Based on their looks,actually.
sometimes to the point when guys prefer to date/marry avarage girl,because of their judgement towards pretty girl.
some even claimed here “avarage girl won’t cheat". well,why they assume pretty girl will? “Looks aren’t everything,you know”... But they don’t trust her, just because she has a beautiful face,won’t even try to get to know her as a person.

thanks for interesting answers, my conclusion:
everyone should approach everyone lol :)

1117

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... the thing is, a lot of guys are actually intimidated by pretty girls. Me included!

• lol ok what we, girls, can do so you're Not intimidated? )))

• ugh welp.
      but it was just once, what i mean is you can't treat other pretty girls as if they were "so up" like that girl you mention.

• I suppose you're right. Thank you! :)

What Guys Said 16

• I think a lot of guys carry stereotypes and experiences from high school with them.

It always seemed like the hottest girls were hanging out/dating/sleeping with the dumb ass, loud mouth popular guys. So guys just naturally assumed these were the guys they gravitated towards. Enter life after high school and guys see attractive women and assume that they go for a certain type of guy like in high school.

Now, even if the guy does approach an attractive women, more often than not they're already taken. So if you do this a few times and find they're taken a pattern begins to emerge.

All of this leads to two general conclusions in the mind of guys. Attractive women are taken, and they're taken by a certain type of guy, of which I am not.

Now, is all of this a generalization? Yes. But all generalizations are based on a certain amount of fact.

• The people saying those phrases aren't necessarily the same people. For people that say both, I imagine they are playing odds. They may not completely assume they know if the attractive girl is taken, arrogant or uninterested, but they are looking at it from a statistical way to avoid rejection.

• Cause people are fucking hypocrites and when they claim they don't judge based on looks, they're wrong.

• We tend to make generalizations to make our reality better.

Look... if we haven't been able to get a hot girl, we'll say bad things about her and that will make us feel better. That way I can feel that I haven't been able to get her, because she only cares about looks, not because I'm scared as hell of being with her.

It's a matter of ego, mostly.

• I was thinking the same but didn't post it, to not offend men.

• Pretty/beautiful according to societys standards = Likely knows it and therefore might think she can get whatever guys she wants and can because of that play with guys feelings because she can get another one easily.

If the girl however is not that pretty according to the current societal standards it is more likely that she might not think like that and therefore not cheat/be bitchy.

This is just how I see it but of course I try not to judge girls because of it, I can only say that it has been the truth in almost every case I've so far encountered.

• The big ones are we assume they're taken and they wouldn't possibly go out with a guy like me.
    That has messed with me when I was in high school.

• I believe that the problem here is that you are trying to connect two disjointed ideas. First impressions are not the same as intimate judgments so when a person judges someone based on their first impression they are not necessarily making intimate judgments and this is where the problem lies. Beautiful women for instance may be presumed to simply be taken, not necessarily anything negative about their character, and thus no one approaches them meanwhile people who are of the same rank in beauty as the onlooker are seen as more available and may be more worthwhile to pursue.

• i like your conclusion haha
    but i must say, it is much more difficult to approach a beautiful woman than an avg one

The prettier=the more options
    So you need to make yourself seem like the best option, and now, you can really mess up talking with them, and if you give a bad impression, you can kiss your chance bye-bye

• All the pretty girls I've met in the last two years have ALL been taken. Not even kidding. Maybe it's an age demographic thing, but there's nothing there.

• lack of confidence, emotional issues, too aggressive, have bad baggage...

• cause they choose the same asshole guys

• A lot of really pretty women are inconsiderate whether they realize it or not. I know it's not all pretty women but I've personally dealt with it enough times to know that women who have options are often times self-centered and either don't notice or don't care if they're rude to some guy.

One fairly attractive woman I work with made me believe she wanted to go out with me when I asked her out, she never directly said yes but she did get flirty and smiley and she led me to believe that she wanted to go out with me. She told me she'd let me know and she said this with a smile on her face. Two months later, I work right down the hall from her and she has my phone number. Haven't heard a peep. I actually considered her my friend before this but now I see that she doesn't care about my feelings at all. She knew I liked her for a while but she didn't even have the decency to give me a simple 'no'.

• I've tried at a club before but never had luck... maybe they think I'm just trying to get with them :/ but honestly I really want a relationship but I'm having tough luck with that

• Now lie, if i see a very beautiful girl and if i get the chance to be close with her i ted to actually get scared cause of her beauty lol. I'm afraid if i mess up when i talk to her she won't talk to me again.

• as i told u before many guys r intimidated by pretty gals basically

• i see, thanks. looks like a real issue for men nowadays then.

• I'm not intimidated, but I have no reason not to be intimidated.

• I ant reading that shit. There are no single pretty girls anymore. All taken. Case dismissed.

• shit is probably your writing, dear.

• My shit is to the point. Clear. Precise. And accurate.

What Girls Said 11

• Guys who lack confidence in their ability to pull are the ones who don't approach pretty girls. Confident guys have no problem approaching women they are attracted to. Maybe the pretty girls should get out more and get exposed to a wider variety of people. I find it hard to believe that a pretty girl who goes out every weekend will never get approached by guys. If she does go out and still doesn't get approached, then I have to question how pretty she is. Calling yourself a pretty girl is like a guy saying he's a nice guy... yeah that's great that you think that about yourself but how does the opposite sex feel? lol You do have some guys who get suspicious about pretty girls but not all guys are like that.

• What is this "approaching" people say? Do you just mean talking? Cause I talk to anyone who seems like they wanna talk, especially pretty girls.

• And world is full of generalization. People assume things even they have no idea.
    They don't even ask out, try their chances. People mostly think if a pretty girl is single, she is bitchy, or has problems, or she is too picky etc
    But the truth is they will never have an idea, until they try. Looks are not everything anyway.

• exaclty. but in case for pretty girls, i think, is negative.
      while avarage girl in the same situation can get another chance, because "what if she's really cool", pretty ones just labeled:stuck up b*th. not always ofcourse, but you know.

• Yeah. You can't know someone just based on looks. Average or pretty girl.
      People are afraid of beauty I guess. Losing it is a big fear.
      I agree with other comments. Lack of confidence is a real problem.

• It's based on schemas: a pattern of thought that categorizes information so we don't go crazy over everything we see and attempt to understand. So, when we see a pretty girl, we tend to assume she's stuck up and automatically decide not to talk to her. Clearly, not every pretty girl is stuck up, nor does everybody have this pattern of thought. This schema comes up through past experiences with pretty girls, and/or a thought that makes us temporarily feel better that we dealt with the scenario appropriately.

• Yea. It makes no sense to me sometimes cuz this isn't the only case where there is contradicting statements. I wish I were pretty so I wouldn't have guys ask me out. I get asked out quite a bit, and not just for a quick bang, but guys who claim to want an actual relationship. I'm ugly/average or whatever so guys assume they have a better chance with me than a pretty girl. I prefer to be single right now, so it's annoying at times, mainly when they insist after you politely rejected them.

• @BuchitaBuchys You're NOT UGLY !!! YOU'RE A VERY ATTRACTIVE GIRL !!!

• @TadCurious average whatever.
      I'm going off that statement, "men don't approach pretty women, they go for ugly or average girls because they don't think they have a chance with them."
      I get approached quite a bit. So I must fall into the latter category.

• Are you sarcastic right now? you re not ugly and how can you not want that attention?
      you must be joking

• I think that some girls who look good are bitches because they are like "I look good and I know it", so they think that they can get whoever and whatever they want just because they have good looks, so they are arrogant and think they are much better than anyone else. I know a lot of girls and also guys like that. Maybe that's why they stay single.

• Well sometimes like guys, they wanna play the field. I have many friends like this who just aren't interested in one guy because y settles when u can have whoever u wish. Sounds snobbish but it's from my experience

• Time to start approaching the one's you find attractive.

• maybe cos they have been hurt a lot by guys who didn't realise what they had :)

• No one wants me that's why...

• Seeing as how men outnumber us, it doesn't make sense does it? But I think there are certain factors, like he's too shy, intimidated, insecure etc. A girl also has a right to be single if she wants to! ;)

• I have been told I'm pretty but... Single and prob will remain that way. Most guys won't even talk to me or if they do... it never goes past that. I wonder what's up and he shows up with a gf... So guys if you want a gf. Comes talk to me. Seems to be a sure way of immediately finding one. I always have that bad luck.