Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

I think I might be single forever. Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yes. I used to do a lot of online dating and I can tell you girls on there are so picky and have insanely materialistic "standards" listed right on their profiles that outright tell people not to contact them if they don't fit this insanely large list of demands. While they give everyone all these reasons not to contact them ironically they don't give them any reasons to contact them.

After losing interest in those sites I decided a long time later just to browse out of boredom. Same profiles still there and "active." These girls are all crying claiming there's "no good men left" yet they have restricted themselves to basically no one. People hear all the time that girls can get 30-50 messages a day. Getting that many messages yet still being online years later says a lot.

0|4
    3|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • um thats only the hot girls that get 50 messages a day. Not normal girls. I dont have an extremely high standard.

• Show All
    • yeah exactly, i was talking about ordinary girls that don't have a really high standard. they can still be single.

• I see them getting picked before the hot girls nowadays. We have many complaints from them now about how they go after "average" girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's unlikely, but even if you choose to be single, there is something to be said about embracing your independence. Read "On My Own: The Art of Being a Woman Alone" by Florence Falk.
    www.amazon.ca/On-My-Own-Being-Woman/dp/1400098114

I had a terrible time in my late-teens, early twenties thinking that I might just be on my own forever because I had certain things going on with me that prevented me from finding a relationship. When I did date, I didn't feel like dating and wondered why I was putting myself through it. It was almost like doing something because it was expected. I wondered if I was going to meet a man who was really going to do it for me. I wanted sex, but I didn't want desperation or someone taking advantage of me. I was scared that I wouldn't know if I was getting duped and it would be too late.

I also knew at a young age I would never want children. Not to birth OR adopt. I wasn't even fussy about becoming a step-mom to my future partner's child. I was very much feeling defeated that what lies ahead would be disappointment because I wouldn't have any relationship based on what I wanted, and it would be everything my partner would want. I felt like nothing was fair. I didn't know how to make things fair.

Anyway, there was a lot to learn as I just kept going about my life and took in experiences and learned from them. I didn't get married until just recently and I'm 40 now.

I guess after all I've said, my question for you is: What is bothering you?

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• Unless you choose to be single forever, you won't be single forever. Eventually, if you don't attract the people you want, you will either have to improve yourself to attract those people, or lower your standards, and focus on attracting other people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it's possible, in fact it's going to happen for most women. The population of women in the world is roughly 4 billion, the men are about 3 billion. So even if every single man got married to a woman, there would still be 1 billion women who would be single.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's possible for men and women to be single forever due to a number of reasons. They may choose to be single. They may not put themselves out there enough. They may be too unattractive and unwilling to be with an unattractive partner.

However, these are rarities. I find most people who believe they are single forever are that way because they believe themselves to be to unappealing, yet very often they are wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is possible. It depends on how high her standards are, how much effort she puts into building a relationship, and how much effort she puts into improving herself so that others will want to date her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; someone is bound to be attracted to you no matter what you look like, how much you weigh, etc... Keep your chin up, you're still too young to give up. You'll only end up being single if you believe you're going to end up single, give up, and shield yourself from the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• Yes i would say.
    Some people remain single because they make this choice.
    I believe there are some who wanted to be attached but luck just not on their side and they keep having their hearts broken..

1|1
    0|0
  • Single as in never married? Just asking because I know some people have different definitions of being single.

0|1
    0|0
    • single as in never had boyfriend.

• Show All
    • going out to clubs etc, just going out with friends in general.

• Okay well consult your friends. Ask one or the one who already has a boyfriend to be your wing woman when you go out next time. Also try different clubs and venues.

• No. Technically we're all mortal so forever itself is void.

You're only young, you've got your entire life ahead of you, there is no way you'll be single for the entirety of it. I can guarantee.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suppose if they decide to never date or just never try to date. It all depends on whether you're ready yet or even mature enough.

1|1
    0|0
  • No you are still young
    Don't give up or think that
    A lot of guys in this world you haven't even met yet, so don't think that.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes