Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

I think I might be single forever. Is it really possible for a girl to be single forever?

2661

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yes. I used to do a lot of online dating and I can tell you girls on there are so picky and have insanely materialistic "standards" listed right on their profiles that outright tell people not to contact them if they don't fit this insanely large list of demands. While they give everyone all these reasons not to contact them ironically they don't give them any reasons to contact them.

After losing interest in those sites I decided a long time later just to browse out of boredom. Same profiles still there and "active." These girls are all crying claiming there's "no good men left" yet they have restricted themselves to basically no one. People hear all the time that girls can get 30-50 messages a day. Getting that many messages yet still being online years later says a lot.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • um thats only the hot girls that get 50 messages a day. Not normal girls. I dont have an extremely high standard.

• yeah exactly, i was talking about ordinary girls that don't have a really high standard. they can still be single.

• I see them getting picked before the hot girls nowadays. We have many complaints from them now about how they go after "average" girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's unlikely, but even if you choose to be single, there is something to be said about embracing your independence. Read "On My Own: The Art of Being a Woman Alone" by Florence Falk.
    www.amazon.ca/On-My-Own-Being-Woman/dp/1400098114

I had a terrible time in my late-teens, early twenties thinking that I might just be on my own forever because I had certain things going on with me that prevented me from finding a relationship. When I did date, I didn't feel like dating and wondered why I was putting myself through it. It was almost like doing something because it was expected. I wondered if I was going to meet a man who was really going to do it for me. I wanted sex, but I didn't want desperation or someone taking advantage of me. I was scared that I wouldn't know if I was getting duped and it would be too late.

I also knew at a young age I would never want children. Not to birth OR adopt. I wasn't even fussy about becoming a step-mom to my future partner's child. I was very much feeling defeated that what lies ahead would be disappointment because I wouldn't have any relationship based on what I wanted, and it would be everything my partner would want. I felt like nothing was fair. I didn't know how to make things fair.

Anyway, there was a lot to learn as I just kept going about my life and took in experiences and learned from them. I didn't get married until just recently and I'm 40 now.

I guess after all I've said, my question for you is: What is bothering you?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE