She said she's sexually fluid?

So first of all, I'm a lesbian. I have been hanging out with this girl for half a year, coz we "connected" and we're "symbiotic" . I assumed she was straight, although I had a little crush on her.
Last night we went out, and we had talked about sexuality for the first time. She said she's not attracted by gender but by personality, intelligence and character. I just realized how much she always say I'm a good, smart and creative person, but she's probably not attracted to me in a romantic way.
But when she said that, does it mean I have a chance? Or was it just a plain information?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll assume you're a girl and just picked the wrong gender.

Yes, I think you have a chance. She sounds like she's pansexual: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

Meaning gender doesn't matter to her in terms of who she's attracted to, and I guess to her, personality, intelligence, and character are what's most important... and she thinks you do well in those areas. So you have a shot. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a lesbian are you? You have a male profile.