Guys, My best guy friend and I dated. However he wants to stay friends but he told me it wouldn't stay like that forever, Do we just stay friends?

My bestfriend and I dated alittle and broke up cause he still has feelings for his ex. He promised me It wouldn't stay like that forever. But he walks with her. And sometimes pushes me away. Do I let go, or just try to get my mind on track and just know we are just friends?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• If he wants to be more than friends eventually. . . what is he waiting on?

• For her to graduate. But he keeps walking with her. He tells me he's trying to get over it. Just Im so confused

• Well yea that's me, I wouldn't pretend to be somebody else. That's stupid. And I don't know I have my head wrapped around this so hard I really can't think straight. I guess the scarest thing out of all of this is I might possibly lose my bestfriend if I open my big mouth

• Okay, so just say to him, "If you don't want to be anything more than friends now, that's okay, but I'm gonna find somebody else, so don't count on me being available when you get tired of her." And then find somebody else. If you two are meant to be, God will bring you back together sometime.

But don't do this like you want to make him jealous. Do this like you are ready to forget about him and move on. When guys find out you are not attached, you be getting phone calls and texts within 24 hours. . . I bet!

If you do it, let me know how it turns out!

What Guys Said 5

• Clearly this guy is very confused as well! I would proceed with caution. He is not sure what he wants either in this situation. I advise you to consider moving on anyway because if he is this confused about how he feels about your relationship it doesn't sound like he is too stable when it comes to any relationship. If he does that's great! But don't hold your breathe for this guy, he isn't for you.

• Expect to just stay friends and be pleasantly surprised if he does happen to come back to you

• you guys walked onto forbidden territory, most of the time you can never escape it happily.

• why can't you be friends and date

• Sounds too jelloy, like, he just would be moving around too much. You've to ask yourself if you can handle someone flaky like that. Was he flaky during your relationship? Most likely, you're 16