How many chances is too many?

So this guy and I have liked each on and off for the last 5 years.. the first 3 years we knew each other, he was too young, and we agreed nothing could happen between us. When 3 years went by, he was dating someone, but broke up with her to be with me. Things went bad and rumours spread that he cheated on her with me, even though it wasn't true, he ended things with me very quickly because things got so messed up. We haven't talked in a year and a half, and I am seeing some signs of him being interested in me again. Is it worth giving him another chance? I just don't want to seem like that "on again, off again" couple. And how do I know if he is really serious about giving us another chance?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• More than one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl. -_- THIS GUY IS A HOE!! Why are you spending over half a decade of your life on a man who has shown numerous times that he not only can't be trusted but is a threat to your happiness? This jerk does not respect women! It's very clear based on what you've said!
    Staying with him is stupid.