MEN: what keeps you happy in a relationship?

quote: "I think most people believe that sex is enough to keep most guys happy but girls have to be romanced; so in most loving relationships, it becomes about keeping the woman happy."

men, do you agree? and beyond sex, what keeps you happy in a relationship?

(side note: I'm not assuming sex is enough.)

316

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect that the reason men are not saying much is because they have not honestly asked the question of themselves.

I know I did not ask these questions... ever.

Then I found myself married to a woman that, denied me sex, cheated on me, lied to me, squandered money, abandoned me and our young son and sold her services as a prostitute.

I divorced her, obtained custody of our son and am remarried to a lovely woman.

For me the bar has been set so low, that just sitting quietly with her after a nice meal is something I experience as pure bliss.

Beyond that, I think @Masked sanity has given an accurate rundown of what any man would appreciate.

• @MaskedSanity

Fucking autocorrect!

• It is a sobering discovery to find that loneliness inside a relationship is far worse than loneliness from having no relationship at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Blowjobs.

But in all seriousness, I imagine men stay with women who aren't colossal bitches with an unwarranted sense of entitlement and brain cells one can count on their hand.

Engaging conversations, understanding, compassion, trust, common interests and the ability not to have a meltdown over menial things.

These are the qualities my boyfriend has and I can't think of any reason why these couldn't be applied to women as well.

There's more to a relationship than sex. If there isn't - it's not a relationship, it's just a hookup.