MEN: what keeps you happy in a relationship?

quote: "I think most people believe that sex is enough to keep most guys happy but girls have to be romanced; so in most loving relationships, it becomes about keeping the woman happy."

men, do you agree? and beyond sex, what keeps you happy in a relationship?

(side note: I'm not assuming sex is enough.)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect that the reason men are not saying much is because they have not honestly asked the question of themselves.

I know I did not ask these questions... ever.

Then I found myself married to a woman that, denied me sex, cheated on me, lied to me, squandered money, abandoned me and our young son and sold her services as a prostitute.

I divorced her, obtained custody of our son and am remarried to a lovely woman.

For me the bar has been set so low, that just sitting quietly with her after a nice meal is something I experience as pure bliss.

Beyond that, I think @Masked sanity has given an accurate rundown of what any man would appreciate.

4|0
    0|0
    • @MaskedSanity

Fucking autocorrect!

• Show All
    • It is a sobering discovery to find that loneliness inside a relationship is far worse than loneliness from having no relationship at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Blowjobs.

But in all seriousness, I imagine men stay with women who aren't colossal bitches with an unwarranted sense of entitlement and brain cells one can count on their hand.

Engaging conversations, understanding, compassion, trust, common interests and the ability not to have a meltdown over menial things.

These are the qualities my boyfriend has and I can't think of any reason why these couldn't be applied to women as well.

There's more to a relationship than sex. If there isn't - it's not a relationship, it's just a hookup.

3|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Sex, kissing, making out, and even romantic dates aren't enough for me. I want somebody who I could just hang out with. Someone who I don't have to worry about impressing all the time

6|1
    0|0
    • ah, I like your last line. a lot of guys seem to think they have to go nuts trying to impress you all the time and it isn't really necessary.

• Sex isn't what keep us happy in a relationship. Its juz a motive/ambition that most guys have and will most likely dump dat azz soon afterwards they completed there journey for that purpose. Being near u is enough to make us happy and give us butterflies. Other than that, they juz want one thing.. sex as an excuse to get laid πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

0|0
    0|1
    • lol, never heard a guy say anything gives him butterflies.. cute! ;)

• Show All
    • Dont get meh wrong, i want dat BIC booty Julie πŸ‘„πŸ’‹

• @watashiwahanadesu baby lately I've been thinken.. if we could walk hand in hand ☺️

• It's funny that when we guys are at a stage in life where you aren"t able to bring it up and shag the whole town, that's when we get to value relationships even more.

1|1
    0|0
  • Being able to share interests and do things together. Being able to share your feelings and not be judged.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beyond sex? *tries to remember*

warmth, affection, some appreciation.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl who cares about making us happy, it seems like you're already concerned about that so you're already almost there)

0|0
    0|0
  • There has to be sex. There also has to be companionship, activities, openness.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh shit beyond sex.. doing all the stuff that turns me on or makes me happy

0|0
    0|0
    • what is that stuff?

• Show All
    • and things like helping with erend, or cooking or groceries

• well, that's sweet. I love cooking. hopefully, it'll make a guy happy someday. (:

• knowing that I'm wanted and irreplaceable and that she never let's me think otherwise

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex, food, and silence.

1|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• This is for men but i hope you don't mind if i answer it. I'm not in any relationship now and i won't till I'm done with high school. It will make me happy when i know that my boyfriend is sincere and honest with me. When i know that he truly loves me. The cuddling and all. No sex till marriage though. I try to keep my moral standard high.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most people want to be with someone that they can be themselves with and who make them feel special.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes