I have a feeling that guys fall for me just because of my looks. I've been called beautiful, hot, sexy, pretty, cute, etc. But I don't want that, I want to be called smart, intelligent, outrageous (in a good way), fun, hilarious, cool, etc. I want to be judged by my personality and not by my looks. I've been called nice and I appreciate it but I seem. to attract people just for my looks and not my attitude or achievement. Even my teachers mark me or give me more priority by judging my appearance. (Im not saying that im dumb or a bimbo) Would you ever date an average looking or below average looking girl with a really good personality or charm? By the things I've stated here, you could judge me too and by not knowing what I look like.
Most Helpful Guy
Would I date a below average looking girl with a really good personality? No.
I'm going to try to lay it out for you. Some of it you won't like;
- guys are basicaly not attracted by womens achievements. They may admire or respect them but it doesn't make them want to date her. it actually bothers men a lot that women do choose men based on achievements. To us, THAT seems fake.
- being fun, hillarious and cool don't really make women more desireable to us either but they DO make us enjoy being with her.
- guys tend to be attracted based 70-100% on looks (with the rest being sexual appeal). However they can be attracted to girls they don't even like. In that case they might want to hook up with them but not date them.
- if a guy finds a girl attractive and ALSO likes her and likes her company that puts her in the date category. So yes guys would be attracted first to your looks but stick around for the looks plus personality.
- I'm often called smart and funny. In real life I'm never called hot. For most guys being called hot is rare and actually the complement they'd -most- like. Guys, especially young ones, don't realize that for you being called hot is nothing new and you'd like to be complemented on other things.3
- Show AllShow Less