Can the voice of someone you're meeting turn you off?

68

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, only if it's something absolutely unusual. I'm not even sure what that means but it'd have to be one helluva unique voice for me to be turned off.

What Girls Said 5

• OMG YES. YEEEEEEEES. I'm a very aural person and if he has a strange voice or a weird way of talking, I just can't. I'm sorry. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who are willing to over look that sort of thing but I can't. :c

• I do pay attention to voice when I meet someone. My ex had quite a high voice and it wasn't expected. I wasn't too fond of it but it didn't put me off him and I just got used to it. Basically, it's not a deal breaker for me.

• Voice? Yes.
    If it's high for a guy and extremely high for a girl > can't handle it.

• Yeah it can ^^

• Yes, yes it can

What Guys Said 8

• Yes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-pw3C9zMM

I've been searching for that sound... that sort of compressed sound for quite some time and I think.. I've finally found it. People who speak with their mouth as if they are speaking through a crack in a door instead of opening their mouth wide as if their tongue is gonna detach itself and do a little dance on the table. That I say is attractive. Vice-versa... not as much.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAKIzq7bvs

• Yes some women can have a voice that bothers me and even if they look great It can be a turn off

• I can slur at little stutter a bit. I know in my case girls have been put off.
    I can tell when I talk to them their facial expressions change and their feelings shift.
    It's not a great feeling to say the least.

• Definitely. Appearance wise, Face > Voice > everything else for me. If your laugh makes me go "are you a dude?" it's a major turn off. I'm a sucker for a cheery voice.

• Ever hear of Fran Dresher?

• I go with iron man

• Yes it can.

• Yes it can do.