Would dumping someone for favoring spanking as a parenting method be harsh?

I've decided that this would be my new deal-breaker and have my own personal reasons I don't really care to discuss. Personally, I don't believe in that form of parenting method nor slapping a child in the face for only words but whatever suits you.

I don't think there is any way I would be able to continue to date a man that favors that. Sure... I don't want kids but what if I see him spanking a newphew of his or small child and I don't like it nor want to see that? I would be basically powerless in that situation.

• Not really, I'm not in favor either and it's just another dating preference
  • Yes, that's harsh and there can still be a compromise
Update: Well thank you all for sharing your views. I'm firm on keeping this as a deal-breaker. If he's not on the same page with me on this topic, I'm dumping him.

213

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A and I feel the same way.

I don't plan on having kids but the thought he'd ever even hit a child would disgust me.

• Yeah I don't understand what getting hit as a child actually teaches you besides an ''Oh I never not do this or else my mom/dad gonna smack me''. You're not learning because it was wrong and are making better chooses but rather just out of fear.

• choices

• Exactly. I think it also teaches violence is okay and a good way to solve problems. It's just stupid. Why would you want you child to fear you?