Would you ask a girls dads permission to date her?

711

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe if she's 14.

But seriously, I would be really put off if a guy asked my dad for permission to date me. My father doesn't get to dictate my personal life. Also, if you felt you needed parental permission, why ask her dad and not her mom?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. But as a formality. I would make reasonably sure in my mind that she would say yes first. Then, I would make sure to phrase the question in such a way that it wasn't really an open ended question. Something like: "I intend to propose to (insert name here) shortly, may I have your blessing?"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE