If a guy keeps himself really fit, do you respect his right to be picky and date only fit girls?

I know that a lot of girls think that guys are pigs because we can be so picky about our girls' bodies. The thing is, though, I think that it's not chauvanistic or one-sided if the guy holds himself to the same standard as he expects in his gfs. It's lame when a fat guy says he'll only date fitness models and cheerleaders, but I don't see it as lame when a athlete guy says he only dates those really fit girls.

I work out a lot. I'm a former collegiate track athlete, so I've been in good shape since I was in high school. I've always been active and have had visible abs since I was like 12. I want a girlfriend who is physically similar to me, like someone who's driven to be fit and lean. The problem is, when my female relatives and friends try to fix me up, the girls they pick are usually at least somewhat soft and not fit at all. When I won't go out with them I get the "you need to lower your standards" talk, like I'm desperate or required to date out of shape girls. Do girls ever just respect that a guy wants a girl to have the same body standards that he holds himself to?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's shallow. It's just like you said--it'd be a double standard and hypocritical if you were out of shape and expecting fit girls, but if you're holding yourself to the same standards of that which you hold a potential girlfriend, I don't see the problem with that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I would never even want to be with a girl who was completely fit if I had a layer of fat on my body and no muscle. I couldn't even bring myself to be naked with her, so being fit is the only way I can see that I would measure up to the girls I want.