Do you think it's embarrassing if somebody is already 19 but they've never even been asked out (on a date, had a boyfriend, etc)?

I feel so embarrassed because all of my friends have already had at least one or often even several relationships and they sometimes joke about me being "forever alone". :/
I just wanted to know how weird would you think this is if someone told you this about themselves.. In all honesty would you mock them for it or secretly laugh about them?

721

Most Helpful Guy

• aw poop. This is still bothering you huh?

OKAY. Let me break it down for ya.

So I know a little about ya through our conversations, but it all boils down to this very fundamental point: There's nothing wrong with you.

Like literally, there are far more pros to you than there are cons, and its not embarrassing in slightest that you haven't been approached by a guy yet. YOU ARE 19!!! Not even close to hitting your peak yet. Part of the issue is that you don't even know how good of a catch you are, but thankfully im here to remind you.

Firstly, you are smart... smarter than any 19 year old i know of to be frank. I mean you know 6 languages, i assume you're going to some prestigious school in the UK and doing well there, and you have a knowledge of things outside of the normal realm of a 19 year old that is very impressive (and attractive) to me. just on that fact alone, i'd consider dating you... but the goods doesn't stop there

Second, you are gorgeous.. subjectively and objectively. I won't go into why here... but just trust me on this. I know you have some insecurity about your height, but i really don't consider you that tall honestly. Yes, you're taller than me, but im just really short :)

Third, you're open minded... which is a great trait for a girl to have. A lot of girls today are too uptight, too rigid, and can't take debate on anything. You are different. A good different.

I mean what's not to like about you... seriously? The real problem is that people just aren't that interactive today because we are slowly being conditioned to fear our fellow man with all this talk of terrorism and terrorists under every rock. Guys are also more afraid to approach women today because feminism is conditioning a lot of people to believe that guys approaching girls outside of like, the classroom is a form of harassment. Guys would just rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure you know that the trend when it comes to marriage and relationships is going down in the western world, not up... so that just goes to show you that guys just aren't in the game as much as they use to be. So your current position is more a product of the climate and the culture you live in than it is to do with you personally.

If i knew you in person, I'd honestly love to ask you out and learn all about you, but tbh you are more likely to reject me than i am to reject you, because of the whole height thing and your preferences there.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So no.. i don't consider it embarrassing to not get asked out at your age, and i definitely wouldn't mock someone, or secretly laugh at someone for it. Hell, I've never been asked out in all my years of living. A lot of times, I've usually had to really put 110% of my all just to get an inkling of attention from women, and a lot of times it still wasn't enough. So like, don't feel bad Micky. Really. You're not nearly as unlovable/undesirable as you may think you are

• thanks for mho!

• you're welcome :)