I can't date someone with bad teeth, am I shallow or normal?

I'm a dental hygienist and currently continuing my education to obtain a dental degree because I want to become a periodontist, so maybe I am just biased.
I can't date nor respect a human being that will not take care of their teeth. I deal with people day in and day out and some of which have admitted they haven't brushed their teeth in weeks, sometimes months. When I'm working on them I can smell the stench of decaying/rotten blood and I always have to bite my tongue.
I've dated a handful of women before that had really nasty teeth and I ran. I've tried to overcome this and look at other traits, but no.. just no. Does this make me a shallow person, or do I have a point?

I see taking care of one owns personal hygiene self respect, if they don't posses the care to take care of their teeth that means they have no respect for themselves or pride. With that said, I can't respect a person whom doesn't respect their own self. If a particular individual has some sort of physical or cognitive impairment that prevents them from doing so, that's different

96

Most Helpful Girl

• .. thats bad teeth? as an assistant to a dental implantologist of 38 years i can tell you this now that your teeth are about as perfect as they'll get, dont worry yourself silly :)

p. s. i have seen (and smelled) much much much worse than yours, believe me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think you completely misunderstood or misread my question. Read it again.

• sry in advance for not reading your full question, your title was misleading xD

• Lol it's all good, my question was indeed a little misleading.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're normal in my book since if a girl has BAD HYGIENE HER NASTY ASS GOTSSSS TO GGOOOOOOOO #NoQuestions asked #GTFO LOL

"decaying/rotten blood" I HATE THAT SMELL ALSO and no I'm not a dentist or whatever but I hate when people are talking to me and their breath smells like old moldy dry bacteria filled bloody gums like #DoYouEvenFloss moment? -_-

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • LMFAO, if it wasn't for the $$ I would be long gone.

• Right before I excuse myself to go vomit lol

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAH