Guys, are you all really so easy to intimidate?

Anonymous
This question has been bugging me for a while.

Why?

Well, I'm a 28 year old woman who cannot find someone to date to save her life.

My friends say it's because I'm intimidating. I have a great career (I do, I get to do what I love for a living--write.), I worked my butt off to get to where I am, and they think I'm beautiful.

Don't ask me. Like most women, my self-esteem is wayyyy below the crust of the Earth. Probably has to do with the whole no-dating thing :p

Men don't come up to me at all. Not in the gym, not at parties, no where. Which confuses me, because how can a guy be intimidated by little me (I'm 5' 2") if he doesn't even know anything about me? (My friends had an answer for this too--of course they did LOL they say I walk and talk with extreme confidence and that also intimidates guys. At this point it sounds to me like they're just coming up with excuse after excuse.)

I used to have a love life. Back when I was the aggressive one and always went after what I wanted. But, see, I'm no longer interested in doing that. I'm almost 30 and it's gotten old. Guys have no idea how sexy it is when they go after the girl they want. I'm ready for someone to pursue me instead of me having to pursue them.

So back to my question: can an "attractive", successful woman really scare ALL of you away?

I don't think so. At all. I, like almost anyone in my position would, feel that there's really something about me that is so unattractive that men just don't bother, but I figured I'd ask the question out of curiosity.
Yes, we get intimidated easy.
No, the problem is really you.
GirlGuy
28