Why are men so scared of pretty women, even if theyre super nice?

im not talking about the b*tchy mean ones- guys are usually mean to really nice women who are hot, and
they act liek slaves to the mean ones. Why are guys like this- backwards and rude and why dont they
treat the nice women nicely, and treat the mean ones like crap? they're scared of even the nice ones and act like
jerks to them

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I was nice to everyone. Hot or ugly. I never assume a girl (hot or not) is into me ever. So I am always in friendship mode always. It's helped me immensely in business as I have worked with high power women without any relationship issues, and remained professional all the time. I have felt a bit intimidated though when a hot girl has asked me for help because she had tons of guys to ask and she asks me. I understand friendship zone means she shares her problems with you, but it's still weird for me.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • oh ok- im in friendship mode too- but i guess the guy is more intimidated or scared since im the female- i dont know what guys think they seem weird. It's weird that u say u were intimidated by a girl because she asked 'you' for help... it's interesting how guys think- they might think "why is she picking me over all these guys she could have"... the reality is, she just maybe thought u were better or knew more...

• What makes it weird, and this happens with everyone, is when a person who has dating problems, complains or asks for help, from the person who usually cannot get dates. The fat friend, the friendshipzone guy, the priest at church lol. It sometimes bugs me because I know you getting support and a trusted friend to unload on, but seriously? Why me... like I only know how to NOT get women or solve dating problems. If I did, I wouldn't be in the friendzone now would I?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a mix of "OMG she's so hot I want to be with her" and "she's probably not going to be into me though" "she's probably a bitch" "I don't want to make a fool of myself I front of a pretty girl because then she REALLY won't want to be with me" "I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get her attention" "she probably has guys crawling over her all the time, I want to seem different but don't know how"

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• It's a misconception to put this entirely on the guys.

The mean girls only stick with guys that they can control.

The nice girls are looking for a partner but can't tell "confidence" from "cockiness". It takes a certain amount of confidence or cockiness to approach a hot girl. Jerks are cocky.

4|1
    0|0
    • that's true... but they can- the problem is just like the mean girls, the jerk guys try to find nice women they can abuse or control

• The more you want something, the more "scared" you are because you fear you're gonna fuck everything up. Just like with job interviews, you're more scared to go to an interview of a dream job, than of a regular waiter/waitress job.
    If a guy acts like you said (which is not all of us), basically he acts mean because it's like a defense mechanism, he wants to show like he doesn't care too much so that he doesn't look weak. He acts nice to a mean girl because he doesn't care if she doesn't get her, he just wants her for one night, that's it.

8|5
    1|0
    • yeah I think that's true--like if you want something or sex so bad you're just that much more scared of rejection, so you try not to go for it b/c it scares you too much... oh yeah that makes sense too--like, he acts as if he doesn't care b/c he deosnt want to look weak... that makes so much sense- but why does he just want to 'use her for one thing' then if he wants her so bad?

• Show All
    • @AleDeEurope could you give me some examples? like what are some clear cut signs related to body language lol

• @MissBex95 Looking you in the eyes when YOU are talking. Feet pointing at you. Is not too fidgety, like you don't have the feeling that he wants to leave. If he leans forward, or doesn't lean back if you lean forward. Touching you. Also being in an "open" position, like not having his arms crossed or in his pocket.

• It's a "too good to be true" scenario for all but the most conceited guys. I simply wouldn't think it's possible for such a "perfect" woman to be attracted to me, so I'd assume there is something seriously wrong with that situation. I guess it's similar to how some women always end up dating assholes because of their low self-esteem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be damage from the "beautiful people" treating him like shit most of his life, or outright cruel rejections from those pretty women, could stem from a belief he's not worth her or she's too good for him. Could be a lot of things.

1|1
    0|0
  • Acting like a jerk is a way to show interest without investing your emotions. It keeps a guy from not having to nurse his ego if he's rejected, subtly or brash.

This might be more common when guys are dealing with pretty women, because they are more universally desired. Meaning, there's more competition, which equates to less of a chance for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Afraid of rejection, low confidence, shy, scared etc could be any reason really.

1|0
    0|1
  • Im not pretty but guys are afraid of me😐

0|0
    0|0
  • Guess you're pissed that they're afraid of you, yes? Men like women with character not just nice and sweet fluffy girls, if you're pretty you need to have a chatacter, it's nothing when you just look nice and cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks intimidate people. Pretty girls even intimidate me and I am a girl!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes