Girls, would you ever consider dating a guy who was shorter than you (Guys, would you be willing to date a girl taller than you)?

Taller/shorter by a margin of 2-3 inches. (For screening purposes, please say your height when you answer)

• Yes, I would do that.
    Vote A
  • No, I wouldn't do that.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to rule it out, because maybe he'd be an awesome guy, but the reality is the likelihood of me dating a guy shorter than me is low. I'm 5'3". I tend to be attracted to guys taller than me.

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah that makes sense, that's why I was asking for heights of the people answering. I figured yes would be a more common answer the taller the girl was or the shorter the guy was.

• Yeah. Maybe heights in the poll would help separate that out a little

• Same, I agree

Most Helpful Guy

• I very hardly ever see a girl who is taller than me. I am almost 6'4." So it'd be a 6'7" girl. Yeah, I see 6'7" girls sometimes, but I don't see them much haha

Would I date a 6'7" girl? Honestly, it'd be kind of a turn off in the looks department for me, since I like shorter girls than I and tend to find them more attractive. However, the height wouldn't be an automatic no-go. It'd just be a bit of a strike. If they had other qualities that I liked that made up for it, for sure I'd date them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 78

• I don't think I would, honestly. I love feeling small in comparison to my partner.

That being said, I'm really not picky about how much taller a guy is. I'm 5'6 and have dated a guy who was probably 5'7. I have a friend who refuses to date guys who are under 6', which I find completely ridiculous. It's not even like she's tall -- she's only 5'2.

1|2
    0|0
  • I am currently with a guy who's shorter than me. I'm 5'10".

3|6
    0|0
  • I once dated a shorter guy and the only person who seemed aware of our height difference was me. I threw my heels in the back of my closet and bought a few cute pairs of flats that I wore when we went out together.

He never asked me to do it, I just did it because I thought it might be emasculating if I towered over him. But now that I think about it, he probably would have been mortified if he knew I was doing it.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have no freaking idea what's my height right now, I think I seriously need to get measured soon.

by the way, I'm 5'2 two years ago. And these days, it's hard to find any guys which are shorter than me lol! It's like all the guys are >5'8 and I'm a midget beside them ><

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm like 5'4- 5'3 . My current boyfriend is like the same height lmao I first felt weird cause I never dated anyone my height , all my previous boyfriends been tall , my tallest was 6'2 but other than that it feels normal , just hate that I can't wear heels or I'll make him feel uncomfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 44

• I'm 5'6 so I'm on the shorter side. Most of the girls I've been involved with have been a little bit shorter than me but I would turn down a girl who was slightly taller than me if she had a bangin' personality. Things will get interesting if she's the heels wearing type of gal though haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Taller then me huh hmmm it would depend by like how much, I've pretty used to being with smaller women, all the ones I've been with have been short, or fun sized as I call em, and they fit easily into most overhead storage compartments ( Austin Powers reference )

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 of my 4 girlfriends in my life have been an inch or two taller than me. The woman I am working on getting to be with is 5 inches taller than me. We met, I noticed she didn't tower over me, and she did not care in the least about our height difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm fairly tall, so it doesn't happen often, but yes I'm fine with it. Some guys are nervous with a tall girl, I don't mind it though. I'm 6'2

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly wouldn't mind.
    But there might be a few problems that could arise.
    Firstly, height indicates masculinity to some extend. Her being taller, negates my masculinity (or lack thereof) much further.
    Secondly, I'd have a little trouble attempting to lift her up xD the key problem, honestly.

But if all these factors could be ignored. Then, why the fuck not? xD

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes