Why are we so fixed on appearances?

Lately on gag there's questions on how i look am i attractive i know people that are really diffrent from each other and they still like each other so why all these questions of how do i look and rate me on a scale of 1to 10

44

Most Helpful Guy

• It just comes naturally. It's dumb but that's the way it is. I mean appearance isn't everything but it still matters somewhat. You can't have a girl that has a good personality, common interests but no physical attractiveness just like how you can't date a girl who is only physically attractive but you have nothing in common with and nothing to talk about.

That being said, I have been guilty of multi dating and focusing on the most attractive girl as opposed to the one who was decent but showed the most interest.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah there never used to be a 'how do i look' category but it's been in such high demand lol.

anyway, i think many people r quite insecure. looks after all do make first impressions and i guess those people just want advice, reassurance, compliments. eh, something to help them feel better.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE