What is the real motivation in a friends with benefits relationship?

It seems that every post I read about a friends with benefits relationship involves someone getting hurt because they have feelings that aren't reciprocated by their partner. I have the impression that the friends with benefits status was created so that people could justify having sex sooner in a relationship without any sense of guilt (I know that most people don't feel overwhelmng guilt about having sex) and, if it didn't work out, they could back away and say, "Well it wasn't really a relationship to begin with. . .." So, why would you have/have you had a friends with benefits relationship?
I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, and I never wil.
I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would try just to have easy, available sex.
I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would with the hope that it would turn into something more serious.
Vote C
I have never had a friends with benefits relationship, but I would so that I wouldn't feel as hurt if it didn't work out.
Vote D
I have had a friends with benefits relationship just to have easy, available sex.
Vote E
I have had a friends with benefits relationship with the hope that it would turn into something more serious.
Vote F
I have started a relationship as friends with benefits so that I wouldn't feel as hurt if it didn't work out.
Vote G
GirlGuy
24
9