Hypothetically or if its happened to you, if you dated someone for say 5 years, and you decided to end it amicably, how long do you think is enough time before you start dating (not just screwing around with) someone else?
- The minute the break-up happens, everything is fair game.Vote A
- I'd probably wait about a month, and then start looking/dating.Vote B
- I would need at least 3 months just to get the other person out of my system.Vote C
- Five years is a long time, I'd probably need six months to let go of the old and be able to fully date someone new.Vote D
- I'd need longer then 6 months before I could move on since we dated for so long.Vote E
Most Helpful Girl
As quickly as you feel comfortable with.
I would probably need two weeks to get over it, but it depends on how peaceful the breakup was. If my boyfriend and I simply split up peacefully becauase we decided we weren't compatible, then I could probably be ready for dating right away. If it ended with a fight, then I'd need a week or two.0