What's the deal with read receipts?

I met a guy a few days ago at a bar. We had a great time and at the end of the night we exchanged numbers.

He texted me the next morning and said it was great meeting me and he had fun. I waited a couple hours to reply and... silence. He didn't respond until the next night. At this point, he asked how my day went, to which I replied in the next hour.

But then I noticed something. He turned on his read receipts. They weren't on when he first texted me, but after his response he turned them on. So, here we are a day later and I can see he read my reply yesterday right after I sent it... and he still hasn't responded.

Am I already being ghosted? Or is this just a mind game?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Probably a mind game? Who knows. I don't think he's ghosting you though.

Sometimes I reply to texts right away and sometimes it may take hours or days. It just depends on how busy I am, my mood, and how I feel about the guys at that moment.

If he wants to play games, you can beat him! Don't reply to his next text and see what he does. If he texts back then act disinterested. I'm not saying this to be mean or whatever but the level of a man's investment in you tells you how he feels about you. And you never want to overinvest in a man. Just be cool and don't think too much of it. After all, he's only one guy and you aren't even dating yet. Keep your options open and focus on something else. My two cents :)