My black African dad doesn't want me to date white or mixed race guys. Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't know why he just doesn't like them. He wants me to date a black guy from his country Ghana. I do like Ghanaian boys, but he won't accept me liking mixed race boys. He says mixed race people and confused and he wants me to stay in my culture.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont blame him, I would want my kids dating in their culture as well. If we all marry interracially then the world will be quite a boring place won't it? Since everyone will be the same race, which is mixed race. Maybe you should move back to Ghana so that those type of guys are the only ones around and you won't be tempted by other guys.

• I was born in England and I have lived here all my life. I can't exactly move to Ghana

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband's Mom wanted him to b with a black girl at first, but once she got to know me and saw how happy we r, she accepted it... U don't have to date wwho ur parents want u to do. Dating is for u, not them.