I don't feel butterflies around guys anymore or when I'm with them... Is something wrong with me? Am I desensitized to that feeling?

Anonymous
I really don't know what's wrong with me. I'm 21 years old, in college... I should have a high sex drive and be crazy about guys around me... And I just lost that feeling. I want it back because I hate feeling so numb to every guy I encounter. A guy's touch doesn't send chills down my spine or electrify me anymore. All their words don't mean anything to me; they call me beautiful and I could scoff at them (not because I don't believe it, I know I am attractive, but they just feel like such empty words). Or when they compliment me, want to get to know me, etc.. I don't let guys in anymore. I don't tell them anything about me, but it's as if I actually can't. I don't choose to be this way, I honestly just can't do it.

I have guys after me quite frequently. I go on dates and they always fall flat. I'm so upset. I want to feel that feeling.. I want to love someone and want to be a part of someone else's life.. Someone to cherish and become one with.. But it's as if I'm incapable. I went on a date with this guy last night. We went back to my dorm building and started making out, and he was getting really into it.. And I was bored out of my mind. I was literally thinking of what my thesis statement for my essay I had to do later should be. And there's nothing wrong with the guy.. I mean, he's attractive, smelt nice, was an okay kisser... Not amazing but it was okay. And I was just so boooored. And I stopped him before it went further. And then we talked afterwards, and he was questioning what I wanted from this, calling me beautiful and trying to act like he thought I was so cool, and that he feels something special with me (what a load of bull; I mean, I just met the dude) and it all felt just so empty and dumb. And I don't know why he would think I'm cool when he doesn't know me.

I dont want to get to know another guy again because I hate feeling even more empty each time. What's wrong with me?
2
3