So, he said he's not ready for a relationship just yet. He was cheated on in a previous relationship and he's still affected by it.
Are you technically boyfriend/girlfriend if:
- He says there is no one else
- He removed his dating profile after you two started seeing each other
- You see each other once a week (long distance. busy lives. etc.) He makes an effort to come up and see you.
- You have met his parents, and on first meeting it seemed like he had already talked to them about you
- He had a talk with his mother about you
- He said he is not going to change how he treats you and that he will give you the type of relationship that you want, he just wants you two to be on the same page.
- He says and does things to show he cares.
- He says he sees a committed relationship with you down the road, but the timing is off.
Most Helpful Guy
Nope, not until you say anything about it are you boyfriend and girlfriend. I would be weirded out if someone introduced me as their boyfriend without us having discussed it.
showing all these things is great, but I do that for any girl I am dating regardless if we have talked about labels or not because I know girls like ti and expect it. You are not exclusive or dating until you both verbally decide that in my opinion. And I see your update about labeling and I think that is silly people don't like to label and just commitments... if you are exclusive and seeing each other long term, just talk about it and say you are a couple.1
Most Helpful Girl
Sounds like you're dating, but not into an official relationship as of yet.1