Is it Wrong For a 19 Year Old to Date a Barely 16 Year Old?

JRICHARDS1996
I'm 19 going on 20 and I have a huge crush on a barely 16 year old girl at my Church. We're Orthodox. I'm a college freshman and she's in high-school.

Should I ask her out on a date or is the age difference too great? It's not like I would have sex with her or anything--I'm too traditional for that--and I've known her family for about 4 years despite hardly ever talking to her due to shyness.

I like her because not only is she ridiculously cute, but she's surprisingly very mature, nice, and also a big sister just as I'm a big brother. We have that firstborn similarity. She makes me happy inside.

Should I purchase her a gift for the holidays like fancy chocolate? Would it be wrong if I asked her out? Should I ask her parents first or would that make things awkward? Is it normal to be attracted to her? After all, age gaps were very common less than 100 years ago.
9
6