How do I stop hating women?

Girlfriend cheated on me while in the military. Moved on and met another beautiful girl.. fiance cheated on me when I was going through more training and completley disreguarded me from her life. I just don't respect women at this point and I hate to say that because I have a good heart and my mother didn't raise me like that. After having my heart literally torn out twice I think I'm done. This past year all I've been doing is having sex and telling them to basically fuck off. I just can't find any respect for them at all anymore. Should I seek counseling or therapy? I'm not happy sleeping around but I'm content and I'm moving foward with my life.

1221

Most Helpful Girl

• Two women cheated on you (only) because they weren't getting what they wanted from the relationship (women cheat for emotional purposes mostly). Was it the worst way to respond? Yes. But it's not about them being horrible, manipulative, piece-of-crap people, they just didn't get their needs met, and sought to satisfy those needs elsewhere. Because two women hurt you, doesn't mean we are all inherently the same, or that we will behave in the same way. You have to find acceptance about the situation, and forgive, so that you can feel indifferent about those past relationships, and learn to understand that having bad experiences like that means you have an opportunity to learn from them. But also, it's unfair of you to punish other women for the pain you were caused by your exs, and by taking that action (sleep with them and throw them away), you're making other women feel as used, disrespected, and disposable as I can imagine you felt. Break the cycle, and until you can learn to respect women again, perhaps don't repeat the actions you have, because it's a destructive cycle, for yourself and others.

• I disagree with that. Women cheat if they see a better looking guy coming along.

• Pretty sure I can more accurately express the motivates of females than two guys. But as I said, if you continue the destructive cycle instead of learn from it, then you get what you deserve.

• Also if the guy cannot fulfill needs then too women may cheat!! you're absolutely right!! @shadowlegend

Most Helpful Guy

• Therapy. For sure... You need to realize that all women are not sluts and whores. Some will be loyal. Most, I should hope.

At the same time, I understand it can be hard on any relationship when one person is always going away in the military, being gone for long stretches of time. It strains any relationship. I feel like the odds that your partner could become dissatisfied and perhaps even lonely, looking for attention and/or affection from another source goes way up b/c of your chosen career. But I'm just guessing here.